All-Inclusive Ebola thread...

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.
Re: Since Ebola has come to America, its spread will be the government's fault...

On the other hand, the NIH has managed to find $1.5 million to study why lesbians have a tendency to be overweight, while gay men do not. There was also nearly $1 million for a study on the sex life of fruit flies, which revealed the shocking news that male fruit flies are sexually attracted to younger female fruit flies. Then there was $688,000 spent to determine why people like Seinfeld reruns. It is even possible that the $355,000 spent on studies of how fast husbands and wives calm down after a fight might have been better used for that elusive Ebola vaccine.
Budget Cuts and Ebola.
In January, the Republican-controlled House actually passed legislation that increased CDC spending for 2014 by $567 million — $300 million more than was requested by President Obama.
The new Arlen Specter Headquarters (fittingly named after the chairman of the CDC’s appropriations committee) cost $110 million — including $10 million for furniture alone — a cost of $12,000 per employee. The nearby fitness center included $200,000 for light-shows, saunas, and zero-gravity “mood chairs” — all free for employees on CDC’s Atlanta campus.
"If only the CDC and NIH had more money..."
Well, you know what? They do have more money. A lot more money. And they are screwed up like a soup sandwich under a fire hose.

TexasBama

TideFans Legend
Jan 15, 2000
Houston, Texas USA

cuda.1973

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
Allen, Texas
Re: If Ebola comes to America, it's the government's fault...

I'm afraid it's true. As I posted earlier, I have an avenue of knowledge to and about the director of ER services there and she and one other ER nurse said that the situation would remain chaotic until the present director were replaced...
Presby Dallas..............this is par for the course there. It goes far beyond just the director: it is their whole corporate culture. A horrible place to work or get treated.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Re: If Ebola comes to America, it's the government's fault...

Presby Dallas..............this is par for the course there. It goes far beyond just the director: it is their whole corporate culture. A horrible place to work or get treated.
Some of their past is now getting dug up by the media...

twofbyc

Hall of Fame
Oct 14, 2009
Re: Since Ebola has come to America, its spread will be the government's fault...

I would favor a travel ban, followed by sending all elected/appointed officials in DC to Monrovia to investigate the disproportionate impact of the travel ban.
FIFY and corrected font.

TydDFens

1st Team
Feb 5, 2011
Birmingham, AL

http://www.breitbart.com/InstaBlog/...la-infected-Foreigners-Into-U-S-for-Treatment

Here is a little nugget I saw this morning. I hope this is the point where the American people finally get fed up and take a stand for our country and our fellow citizens. Isn't it enough that we are sending troops into ebola countries to "help"? Apparently not.

edit: in case you don't want to click the link, it talks about the POTUS wanting to approve people to come here with ebola from ebola countries to be treated here.

Last edited:

Tide1986

Suspended
Nov 22, 2008
Birmingham, AL

Personally, I think he plays golf, as well as the extraneous vacations he takes, as an escape from the job. I also think that's because he possesses neither the desire nor motivation to actually perform the job to which he was elected. It wasn't near as tough for him to get elected (and re-elected) as POTUS as it is doing the job once he got there.

It's kind of like achieving the position of CEO of a major corporation. There's a whole lot more to the job than sitting back in that nice comfy chair and propping your legs up on the desk.
He thought it would be the same as being an SGA president.

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.

http://www.breitbart.com/InstaBlog/...la-infected-Foreigners-Into-U-S-for-Treatment

Here is a little nugget I saw this morning. I hope this is the point where the American people finally get fed up and take a stand for our country and our fellow citizens. Isn't it enough that we are sending troops into ebola countries to "help"? Apparently not.

edit: in case you don't want to click the link, it talks about the POTUS wanting to approve people to come here with ebola from ebola countries to be treated here.
Yeah, because the one thing this country is critically short of right now is foreigners with Ebola. We desperately need a few more of those...
We need an American Interests Section with the government in DC, so somebody could represent the interests of the United States with that bunch. The interests of the United States don't seem to get much attention there just now.

Elefantman

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2007
R Can Saw

in case you don't want to click the link, it talks about the POTUS wanting to approve people to come here with ebola from ebola countries to be treated here.
Fine, he should go there personally, load them all up on Air Force One and bring them back with him. Might just make him rethink that policy.

Last edited:

NationalTitles18

TideFans Legend
May 25, 2003
Mountainous Northern California

NationalTitles18

TideFans Legend
May 25, 2003
Mountainous Northern California

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/201...site-is-far-left-progressive-obama-supporter/

We were discussing the nurse under quarantine in the other thread. This claims she works for the CDC and is a registered democrat and Obama supporter. The implication is that her actions have been politically drien and possibly coordinated. Obviously, it's an attack on her and though (as a nurse) I resent it slightly, it is what it is.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/201...site-is-far-left-progressive-obama-supporter/

We were discussing the nurse under quarantine in the other thread. This claims she works for the CDC and is a registered democrat and Obama supporter. The implication is that her actions have been politically drien and possibly coordinated. Obviously, it's an attack on her and though (as a nurse) I resent it slightly, it is what it is.
I believe she would have protested just as vehemently if she were a registered Republican...

formersoldier71

All-American
May 9, 2004
Jasper, AL

A U.S. Soldier who was in Liberia is not dead from Ebola, unless they find out he is dead from Ebola.
The unidentified soldier, who recently returned to Fort Hood in central Texas on emergency leave, was monitoring himself twice daily and reporting his status to medical officials, they said.

He was found dead at his off-post residence in the town of Killeen.

"We are not saying Ebola at all," Killeen police spokeswoman Carol Smith said. "It's just that because of the circumstances from West Africa, we are erring on the side of caution."
http://news.yahoo.com/u-soldier-just-returned-west-africa-dies-near-202520685.html

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.