Breaking: FSU and TPD covered up the Winston case

tmv85

All-SEC
One thing that disgusts me is the statement in the article that if he is found to be in violation of FSU's code of conduct, the punishment could be expulsion, which essentially means nothing since he'll be gone to the NFL in a few months anyway, and I don't foresee him being the kind if student-athlete who would ever return to complete his degree.

Al A Bama

Hall of Fame
Jun 24, 2011
Breaking on Fox Sports now.

Read the story here
Do any officials on the FSU campus or TPD have any INTEGRITY? Do they even know what integrity is? Is FSU winning that important?

I do like to see Alabama win, but not like this. I'd rather lose every game than to cover up the truth.

What is the truth? I don't know. However, it seems no one in Tallahassee wants to know the truth as long as they win.

KentuckianaBFan

All-SEC
Jan 26, 2011
Lakeland, FL, 2018
echoaffiliate.com
Do any officials on the FSU campus or TPD have any INTEGRITY? Do they even know what integrity is? Is FSU winning that important?

I do like to see Alabama win, but not like this. I'd rather lose every game than to cover up the truth.

What is the truth? I don't know. However, it seems no one in Tallahassee wants to know the truth as long as they win.

Don't need INTEGRITY...the Heisman Bunch did away with it...

GP for Bama

All-American
Feb 3, 2011
Penn State covered up child abuse....now FSU covers up rape....will NCAA react the same way?

jthomas666

Hall of Fame
Aug 14, 2002
Birmingham & Warner Robins
F$U, TPD both hid, then hindered Winston investigation

oh, SNAP!

Florida State University officials and Tallahassee police took steps to both hide, and then hinder, the criminal investigation into a rape allegation against the school's Heisman-trophy winning quarterback Jameis Winston last fall, a FOX Sports investigation has found.
A couple of things in particular caught my eye:

-- The university's police chief forwarded the reports to a high-ranking administrator in the Florida State athletic department, and within days they ultimately wound up in the hands of Winston's defense attorney -- also before Meggs was notified of the case and launched his own investigation.

-- Two critical witnesses -- Florida State football players who said they were present the morning of the alleged assault -- discussed the case with Winston's lawyer and ultimately signed affidavits at his behest backing the quarterback's version of the incident. That happened before law enforcement officers tried to talk to them about what they saw and remembered, a dramatic road block in the state attorney's effort to determine whether Winston should be charged with rape.
Setting aside the Title IX issues--on which they are almost certainly screwed--I'd like to hear from the attorneys on this, 'cause this look a LOT like obstruction of justice to me.

Last edited:

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
Re: F$U, TPD both hid, then hindered Winston investigation

I'm suprised this thread isnt' blowing up nonstop LOL. I don't know what this means for Winston and FSU... I would imgaine, if this is true, they will suspend Winston sometime soon.

OreBama

All-American
Sep 26, 2005
Portland, OR
Wake me up when something is actually done. We all knew something happened that night. We knew there was a cover-up. We also know the truth is something that doesn't matter to anyone who can do anything down there. It is sickening.

CHATTBRIT

Hall of Fame
Dec 3, 2003
Falling Water, TN
So, my flabber is gasted!!!! Could this be true that Winston the great may actually be a rapist?

Not a shock at all. It was clearly evident from the initial reports that police procedure for an alleged rape was never followed and that everything would be done to protect Winston. I hope all those involved in the cover up be made an example of, lose their jobs and their pensions/golden parachutes, etc. I'm so darn tired of the women involved in similar cases, whether it be phusical assault a la Rice or a rape like Winston, being castigated and made victims a second time over. I don't care if a woman is only wearing a thong, if she says no, then any sexual act that follows falls under the category of rape. OK, I'm getting off my soapbox now!

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.