Game Thread: ****Bama vs. Little Piggies****

Status
Not open for further replies.

Go Bama

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
16outa17essee
The next half is an opportunity for this team to gel. A change of QB isn't going to help the run game. Blake is the man; the OL is going to have to move some people out of the way CLK is going to have to allow the OL a chance to dominate. The defense is playing great. Special teams have been sub-par for years.

kyallie

FB Moderator
Staff member
Jan 17, 2010
Shakopee Minnesota, via Birmingham Alabama
Well, as I feared before the season we look big, slow and, at times, clumsy. I was afraid that would hurt us in particular against A&M and AU. I never expected to look big and slow against the Hogs, of all people. Unless something changes, I don't see any guaranteed wins on our schedule, and that includes the likes of UT. I know CNS is trying to recruit us into a better position, but it seems to me that something could be done to take some of the bulk off of the guys we have. When they run it past the LOS, our efforts are sometime embarrassing.

On offense, I just don't know where our OL is. I know they're not in the vicinity of their DL or LBs. I'm beginning to wonder if this team is as fragile as some of Shula's and the OM debacle just has them on their heels and overthinking, rather than just playing football...
Looks bleak, I'll wait 'til the 2nd half before I'll pass judgement. but your analysis is hard to argue with.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Agreed Earle. I think we could maybe adjust some coaching rather than just trying to recruit the way there. We have the tools - Hand, Evans, etc., but they aren't being used. And guys are missing easy plays and assignments...
I have to agree. Those guys have shown well when they've seen the field...

bama_at_uab

1st Team
Mar 6, 2006
Birmingham
Guys, there is certainly talent there, but that's only part of it. We've lost a lot of key pieces to the NFL and we're missing some important parts. We're just not as good as we had hoped, it's not like some folks didn't see this coming. Just need to keep working to get better.

Rolltidegirl205

All-SEC
Sep 20, 2014
CNS mentioned this is going to be like starting from scratch. I know they'll come around like they did when coach first got here and made them a dominant team the next couple of years.

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
Football is a game of emotions & mentality, for some reason I just don't see emotions or that tough Alabama Football "Mentality" on the football field or on the sidelines..It's like there's no emotions out of of players & our coaches as far as that goes..Until we get that fire back in our players that's been lost..It doesn't matter how big or small our players are or if we have the right size players to shut down these HUNH offenses..Without that "Emotions" & "Crimson Tide Football Mentality" I don't see out of of player or coaches, on the football field, and on the sidelines, without that fire that's missing in this team..I can see a couple more losses this year for this team..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.