Our band actually played 'Rammer Jammer'

bamanut_aj

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2000
Spring Hill, TN
Might as well have torn down their goal posts.

If we're preening that we 'beat the hell' out of arky, then we've sunk lower than I thought

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

grlindsey08

3rd Team
Dec 4, 2010
Jasper, AL
We've actually played rammer jammer after every win for much more that 10 years now. Minus a few games where the losing teams had recently suffered a tragedy (USM '05, Miss St '10, etc.)

bamanut_aj

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2000
Spring Hill, TN
We've actually played rammer jammer after every win for much more that 10 years now. Minus a few games where the losing teams had recently suffered a tragedy (USM '05, Miss St '10, etc.)
Yes we have. And games like tonight, we'd be better to shut up, and leave with without acting like we're better than we are

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

grlindsey08

3rd Team
Dec 4, 2010
Jasper, AL
Yeah, we probably shouldn't play rammer jammer after games like tonight. But I also think we're far passed the point of acting surprised that Alabama plays rammer jammer after every win.

Bluegrasstide

1st Team
Oct 31, 2010
Pikeville KY
I attended a Bama/Uk game a few years ago where we played horrible and skated by. Kentucky had a 300 lb QB and tried to run option on the goal line. As I recall, there was no Rammer Jammer that day. Just a lull as the stadium emptied. The Rammer Jammer today did catch me off guard.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
wait what tragedies happened those years?
Hurricane Katrina hit USM a few weeks before and MSU player Nick Bell died of cancer in 2010. He died a few days before our game IIRC.

Edit:
Yeah, he died in early November and we were their FIRST game after Bell died. The reason a lot of folks don't remember much about it is because the Cam Newton story broke right after Bell died and consumed college football coverage.

Last edited:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.