The Good, The Bad, and the Ugly Hawg style

Bama Lee

All-American
Oct 13, 1999
Dallas, TX
The Good- JK Scott is phenomenal. Our front seven is a nightmare for opposing offense coordinators to game plan around!

The Bad- The whole offensive game plan stunk! Blake Sims, both backs, and Amari Cooper just couldn't put anything together. Our OL really struggled to do basic things.

The Ugly- Special Teams. Field Goal, punt coverage, and punt return all had an atrocious evening.

RammerJammer14

Hall of Fame
Aug 18, 2007
UA
The Good- JK Scott is phenomenal. Our front seven is a nightmare for opposing offense coordinators to game plan around!

The Bad- The whole offensive game plan stunk! Blake Sims, both backs, and Amari Cooper just couldn't put anything together. Our OL really struggled to do basic things.

The Ugly- Special Teams. Field Goal, punt coverage, and punt return all had an atrocious evening.
And yet ironically won the game for us!

BamaJama17

Hall of Fame
Sep 17, 2006
Hoover, AL

This

And yet ironically won the game for us!
Yeah strange as it seems.

Bluegrasstide

1st Team
Oct 31, 2010
Pikeville KY
Good: Thank you Landon Collins for making a play when we need it. Overall defense against the vaunted Hog OL.
Bad: Explosive offense and running game, or lack thereof.
Ugly: Special Teams...All of them.

tidefanbeezer

All-American
Sep 25, 2006
Atlanta, GA
The Good - JK Scott averaged 44 yards per punt (54 last week!); defense played really well in 4th quarter

The Bad - Offense struggled - not sure if its execution or play calling

The Ugly - take your pick

TideMom2Boys

Hall of Fame
Nov 17, 2010
Alabama
The good- JK Scott was fantastic. Now two blocked extra points in back to back games. And this time it won the game for us. Defense played pretty well considering...

The Bad- offense was just off and we had to punt it way too many times.

The ugly- Auburn's ugly self lost... :)

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
The Good: The punter (although pooch punts brought his average down), Landon Collins, 4th Qtr D
The Bad: Everything else
The Ugly: Frankly the win was the ugliest thing ever

CoachJeff

Suspended
Jan 21, 2014
Shelby County Alabama
Good: run D did well against a pumped up Arky team. They only had 5 yards rushing in the 2nd half(!), JK Scott, White seems healthy again, OJ has pulse, Reggie Ragland, Tim Williams, Eddie Jackson's health

Bad: FG kicking, 3rd down D, Coop's Heisman campaign is now DOA, Sims' inability to be consistently smart and not try to do too much.

Ugly: Punt returns, O-Line, the fact Bobby Williams is making roughly half a million dollars a year.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
The good - you won a road game in the SEC after a huge loss last week. Doesn't matter how - sometimes you have to win ugly.

I am going to leave it there, as I like to stay positive.

Roll Tide!

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC

There is really nothing to add...you nailed it. Well, to add to the bolded: like hold on to the ball. How many times did we put the ball on the ground??? Luckily we recovered more of them that we lost!

catsbane

Scout Team
Dec 11, 2008
Helena
The Good: Sims and company coming through when the chips were down. A defense that contained the Hogs and kept in the game in spite of being on the field an awful lot.
The Bad/Ugly: One yard rushing late in the third quarter.

bamanut_aj

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2000
Spring Hill, TN
The good- JK Scott was fantastic. Now two blocked extra points in back to back games. And this time it won the game for us. Defense played pretty well considering...

The Bad- offense was just off and we had to punt it way too many times.

The ugly- Auburn's ugly self lost... :)
auburn: always the right answer for 'the ugly'!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bamacon

Hall of Fame
Apr 11, 2008
College Football's Mecca, Tuscaloosa
The good - you won a road game in the SEC after a huge loss last week. Doesn't matter how - sometimes you have to win ugly.

I am going to leave it there, as I like to stay positive.

Roll Tide!
Yeah I'm sure Ohio St. would gladly have taken that style of win against VaTech this year or a couple of other teams the last couple of years.

A win is a win is a win

bamacon

Hall of Fame
Apr 11, 2008
College Football's Mecca, Tuscaloosa
Special Teams gets the good and ugly for me. The kick blocks on extra points is like VT's historical Beamer Ball crews. Best we've had by far. The punter probably won the game for Bama by flipping the field EVERY time.
The ugly side almost cost us this one too. It HAS to stop NOW. If it doesn't coach will be bald by the Iron Bowl.

The good is we still have a LOT in front of us and this is big....After the Landon Collins int the sideline erupted. I saw energy and excitement for the first time since FL. I think these guys would play much better if they were loose and went out and had fun. Just my thoughts.

USCBAMA

All-SEC
Sep 21, 2001
Columbia, SC, Richland
This has been the case the past 2 weeks. I thought if Arky had put all 11 guys on Cooper, Kiffin and Sims still would've tried to force the ball to him. Announcers were on this all night, it just became odd by the 4th qtr that we were still trying to force something that simply wasn't there. I understand the OL is struggling, but this new offensive ideology that anything greater than 2nd and 2 is a passing down is also odd. The line on Ole Miss & Arky was that if you are patient with the running game they can be worn down. We opted not to test that both games.

Sims a mixed bag. For this game he was largely ineffective in the pocket, mostly producing on the run. Don't know why as he's been okay in the pocket previously.

Overall the true bad of the past 2 weeks is the OL & special teams.

Last edited:

bamadp

All-SEC
Sep 24, 2006
Sheffield, Al.
Good=JK Scott punting, the run defense, R Ragland, and scoring one more point than Arkansas (We didn't win the game...Arky lost).
Bad & Ugly=Everything else

trenda

Hall of Fame
May 17, 2000
Hendersonville, TN USA
Good - Scott's punting, D fighting through adversity to secure the win

Bad - our punt/kick return units are a serious liability right now.

Ugly - with the game on the line and clinging to a one point lead, our O didn't pick up one first down over the last 12 minutes of the game.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.