Early Lines for Week 8 Games of Interest

WMack4Bama

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 7, 2008
Tuscaloosa, AL
Another week that we get to learn more about our team. We're halfway through our regular season. As always, TideFans.com neither endorses nor condones any gambling of any kind. These numbers are for entertainment purposes only. ENJOY!!

• Baylor is a 9 pt favorite over West Va
  • Georgia is a 4 (!!) pt favorite over Arkansas
  • Oregon is favored by 19.5 over Washington
  • Bama is favored by 14.5 over Texas A&M (opened at 11 and is climbing)
  • Michigan St. is favored by 14 over Indiana
  • Kansas St. is a 9.5 pt underdog to Oklahoma (opened at 12)
  • Tennessee is a 16.5 pt underdog to Ole Miss (opened at 18.5)
  • Florida is a 3 pt favorite over Mizzou
  • LSU is favored by 10 over Kentucky (opened at 13)
  • Florida St. is favored by 11.5 over Notre Dame (opened at 13.5)
  • No line for South Carolina & Furman

Enjoy the games!!

Last edited:

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
I know that lines are about betting, but 14.5? I think that Alabama will win, but I wouldn't bet someone else's money with that spread. :conf2:

KrAzY3

Hall of Fame
Jan 18, 2006
kraizy.art
I completely get why they made that line, Ole Miss dominated Texas A&M completely, but they had to get lucky to beat Alabama.

The main thing that's missing though is Alabama's center. He got hurt later in the game against Ole Miss, and I think he's a big reason that Alabama wasn't able to really finish strong against them. On the other hand, I also thing he's a major reason Alabama's offense struggled against Arkansas.

Alabama's offensive line and secondary should be the determining factors... let's just hope it's not special teams.

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
I know that lines are about betting, but 14.5? I think that Alabama will win, but I wouldn't bet someone else's money with that spread. :conf2:
I know right? 14.5 is a suckers bet. I think Bama wins, but not by 15.

Note: I have been dead wrong all year. I am very close to last place in the pick'em so maybe I am not the best person to ask.

Last edited:

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama
I was positive TAMU would beat Ole Miss and I expected a close (not 1 point win) over Arkansas. This leads me to believe we have no clue which TAMU team will show up Saturday. Their offensive strength will be aimed right at our defensive weakness, pass coverage. The good news for us is that they have almost no defense. I don't think we can cover 14 points unless they gives us 14-17 quick points on turnovers.

JQBama42

Scout Team
Sep 24, 2014
Enid, OK
I'm sure they are factoring in that we will be back at home and that we have looked much better at home against the gators. The Aggies seem to play better on the road though. We are due for a game of mistake free football. Hopefully....

TideFan in AU

Hall of Fame
I was positive TAMU would beat Ole Miss and I expected a close (not 1 point win) over Arkansas. This leads me to believe we have no clue which TAMU team will show up Saturday. Their offensive strength will be aimed right at our defensive weakness, pass coverage. The good news for us is that they have almost no defense. I don't think we can cover 14 points unless they gives us 14-17 quick points on turnovers.
You may be right, but I'm scared to death of this game. Myles Garrett is a better DL than anyone Arky has, and shut down Arky's running game in the 2nd half of their game. TAMU's offense is still better than Ark and OM's, IMO. OM's pass defense We have going to have play much better than we have in last 2 to win this one.

cuda.1973

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
Allen, Texas
I know right? 14.5 is a suckers bet. I think Bama wins, but not by 15.

Note: I have been dead wrong all year. I am very close to last place in the pick'em so maybe I am not the best person to ask.
Translation: Someone talk Cuda into joining, next year, so we will be assured who comes in last.

(Not in blue, because it would be true!)

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
14.5 is more of an indicator of A&M's Defense.....than our offense at the moment.

I'm guessing we run at Garrett -- and run for 250+ yards --

OreBama

All-American
Sep 26, 2005
Portland, OR
With this year's team, I have no idea what we'll do from week to week. I certainly hope things will get better, but we've played worse and worse the last two weeks.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
I hope we can beat them. Not worried about spreads. We're both sorta faltering right now but TAMU is a bad matchup for us defensively and our offense is struggling enough to give their porous defense a shot.

Al A Bama

Hall of Fame
Jun 24, 2011
You may be right, but I'm scared to death of this game. Myles Garrett is a better DL than anyone Arky has, and shut down Arky's running game in the 2nd half of their game. TAMU's offense is still better than Ark and OM's, IMO. OM's pass defense We have going to have play much better than we have in last 2 to win this one.
Heck! Hill passed for over 400 yards against Ole Miss, but he made too many mistakes and you can't do that with an offensive defense like aTm has.

I think aTm will score at least 40 on Bama. Will Bama be able to score more. I just don't know. Hill could have a Garcia game like he did against USCe and their defense may just show up for the Bama game.

Al A Bama

Hall of Fame
Jun 24, 2011
14.5 is more of an indicator of A&M's Defense.....than our offense at the moment.

I'm guessing we run at Garrett -- and run for 250+ yards --
We'll need to control the clock for 50 minutes (maybe at least 40+), because aTm can score quickly. Hopefully, we'll intercept some of Hill's passes and return them for TD's like Ole Sis did. We need some sacks and lots of pressure on Hill!

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.