Former Alabama football great Tommy Lewis dies at 83

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
Sad to hear, but given how he and his family had been suffering through his dementia, it is a relief and he is in a better place.

He will always have a place in Bama folklore.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Sad. For about 25 years, our offices were in the same complex and we'd cross paths frequently. He was unfailingly friendly and we'd stop and talk Bama Football...

wishbonedays

1st Team
Mar 30, 2003
Hanceville, AL, USA
www.wfl1974.com
very sad to hear...met him about 7 or 8 years ago when he was in my office for some testing...I had a staff member take our picture together...and when I looked at it long after he had left, the settings on the camera saved it to about the size of a postage stamp, LOL...very disappointed, but still very glad that I got to spend a couple of hours with him in my office...first class gentleman and a real credit to the University.

Gr8hope

All-American
Nov 10, 2010
My daughter and his granddaughter grew up together and were great friends, I never knew until today. So sorry for their loss.

exiledNms

Hall of Fame
Aug 2, 2002
Hattiesburg, MS (USA)
A UA contemporary of my Mother's. (She knew who he was, but they weren 't friends.) The off-the-bench story v. Rice is one of the first Bama stories I learned as a kid. I believe it was in a collection I had called "Strange But True Sports Stories" or something like that.

RIP, Sir. RTR!

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
A UA contemporary of my Mother's. (She knew who he was, but they weren 't friends.) The off-the-bench story v. Rice is one of the first Bama stories I learned as a kid. I believe it was in a collection I had called "Strange But True Sports Stories" or something like that.

RIP, Sir. RTR!
that was one of the stories my granddad and his even older than dirt neighbor across the street would tell me over and over again when i was a kid. they also talked alot about joe sewell. i was lucky as a kid to have a good bit of time to just sit in the room as those two old men reminisced about the good old days in tuscaloosa

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.