Pick the score: Texas A&M vs. Alabama

twofbyc

Hall of Fame
Oct 14, 2009
aTm 37
BAMA 24

They will have their top receiver back and won't have the drops. IMO Sims is not the QB you want to get into a shootout with and that is the only way to beat aTm. Their offense has Kirby's # and our secondary is no better than it was last year, possibly worse.
I don't know why you think Bama won't score more than 24 on A&M, at home. A&M has no defense. And hogs took them to OT, IIRC.

Al A Bama

Hall of Fame
Jun 24, 2011
I think Kenny Hill will pass for at least 400 yards. He did that against Ole Miss and they have better DB's than Bama. That's the reason (Ole MIss' good DB's) he also had interceptions.

Hopefully, we can get a pass rush with the DL and the DB's play their BEST game. aTm has a very good OL, so our DL penetrating could be very difficult. Hill is cool in the pocket when he has time and that OL can provide time he needs. He can also run, but not like Manziel. If he can throw for 400+ yards, that will open up their running game also. Their RB's are not bad.

Here's hoping our DB's intercept several passes and return them for TD's since I'm not sure how our offense is going to perform.

I am concerned about Cooper, the way he went off the field on Saturday. Will he be at 100%? I don't know. How will the OL perform? I don't know that either. How will #6, #4, and #27 perform? How will our Special Teams perform?

Could this be another USCe vs aTm type game? It's possible.

aTm scores at least 42. aTm can score very quickly and often. Here's hoping Bama scores more.

I have been know to be wrong on several occasions. I was wrong 2 years ago when aTm came to Tuscaloosa.

I sure hope I'm wrong and Bama wins 45 to zip. I'd like to see a goose egg on the board for that HUNH offense!

Coach Sumlin is going to bring a focused team to Tuscaloosa this Saturday. They've won there before and he's going to tell them they can do it again. They are not going to want to head back to one of the ugliest towns in America with their 3rd loss. However, we're not going to want a 2nd one.

RTR!!!!!!!

Padreruf

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2001
Charleston, South Carolina
The whole season rides here. If we win...we can run the table as we will have our act together. If we lose, we could lose 1 more (AU). If you looked at our schedule in preseason you would have to say that we could seriously only be threatened in 3 games. We have already lost 1 of those.

30-27 UA -- but I am voting with my heart and not my head.

teamplayer

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2001
cullman, al, usa
Bama 27
A&M 26
I am just hoping that we can hold them to a bunch of field goals because I do not have confidence in our pass defense. It may be similar to the West Virginia game where we gave up a lot of pass yards but held them to field goals.

Bruce014

1st Team
Aug 29, 2012
Alabama
I'm predicting A&M will score 28 on our vulnerable secondary.

Now, how many do we score? Their defense is lousy, but we've seen this script before, where a lousy defense plays over their heads, and that's what I fear.

If the Bama team that played Florida is there then we'll win 45-28.
If the Bama team that played Arkansas is there then we'll lose 28-17.

bamacpa

All-American
Jul 19, 2006
Their passing game concerns me. I think the Tide faces an unfavorable matchup this Saturday. I say Bama wins. 38 to 35 in a very close, thread provoking type of game.

theballguy

Hall of Fame
Nov 5, 2012
Roll Tide Roll, Colorado USA
Alabama 31
Texas A&M 24

Cannot possibly be anymore optimistic than that.

I believe we'll move the ball almost at will like we did against Florida but a couple of fumbles and/or an interception will slow us down. We'll manage to stay ahead of aTm but we'll inexplicably give up a couple of long pass TD's and let aTm stay a little closer than they should.

If 2014 Bama was as good as 2013 Bama (if it was 2012/2011 Bama, it's a cupcake blowout), we win this one 42-17 but it will be much closer than it should be.

Last edited:

Zaiva

1st Team
Feb 27, 2013
I probably shouldn't say this, but I really think these past two weeks have been a real wake up call for the team. I believe we bounce back against a bad A&M team. We win 38-20.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
42 - 17

they score quick twice early (fg and td), at least one of those off of a stupid turnover or something similar that causes lundquist to rock back and forth repeating "oh my", the game thread screeches to a halt due to the meltdown. then they grab a late td (and maybe a second late score). white has a huge day and ch. jones remembers how to hold onto the ball and returns one kick for a td and has 2-3 "explosive" pass plays

yeah, we have been in a funk lately, but a and m has had the udder crap beat out of them 2 weeks in a row by mississippi teams and i doubt they bounce back that quickly. raising the question, bounce to what since i haven't thought much of them this year despite their post-first week hype.

uaintn

All-American
Aug 2, 2000
franklin, tennessee, usa
I always try to participate in this thread and feel like it would be bad luck not to do so this week. But for the first time I can ever remember for a mid-season game, I have no clue, none, how this game will go.

We could play like we did against Florida (their D is better than A&M's) and score six touchdowns. Our front seven could be in Hill's face all day and force a bunch of throwaways and interception chances. They have lost two in a row and it easily could have been three. If they get behind, they may start to give up. Just being back at BDS may be just the medicine the team needs. Maybe hurting players return to form this week and stupid turnovers and penalties stop.

On the other hand, we match up poorly with them on defense (how many times did Arky have that route across the middle wide open and not hit it? 4-5 maybe? the time they did was for a TD). They'd be happy to toss it every down and we defend the run better than anything. Their defense is supposedly not very good, but they beat Arkansas, including stoning them cold in OT when supposedly the big o-line should have worn them down. They put 400 yards on Mississippi, whose defense (especially DB) is playing better than ours the last two weeks. We may continue to lay the ball on the ground on special teams, not know what to do with it when Cooper isn't open, and the o-line was still shifting bodies around in practice today. Will we have another embarrassing 2.1 ypc average with running backs in the stable like Yeldon and Henry?

Truly, I have no feel for this game and find (nearly) every prediction on the board fairly reasonable or at least I can imagine a set of circumstances to make it happen. So, I am taking the consensus betting line today (Alabama -11.5 O/U 60), converting it to something close that looks like a real football score, and saying:

Alabama 35
Texas A&M 24

We don't cover (by .5) and have the Under (by 1). 36-24 gets me right on it, but 36 is a hard score to get.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.