Bama better with Lane Kiffin or worse?

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS
I do as well, but there are obvious growing pains. I'm not sure people get just how good Ole Miss is on defense. Every single team, every single one they played were held to season lows and they have the #2 scoring defense. They're good on defense, they're Alabama and LSU in years past good.

A lot of what we're seeing is just a recipe for struggles, for instance the Arkansas game went something like this 1 injured player maker+one injured starting center+one inexperienced quarterback+one new OC+bad playing conditions=struggles on offense.

If I get to the point that the offense is struggling and I can't even explain why, then I will worry.
We offered all four starters in the Ole Miss secondary and got two commitments, who both flipped. Conner and C.J. Johnson.
Everybody went after Nkimdiche, and Tunsil, the best defensive and offensive tackle prospects in the nation.
They've got some players, it's that simple.
Still, we're better, overall. It's just a couple of bad games and learning how to play together.
That's so huge.
We'll just have to see.
sip
(Maybe Conner made us wait to national signing day, but you get my drift)

Last edited:

teamplayer

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2001
cullman, al, usa
Blake Barnett alone may make us better with Kiffin.
So now we are counting on a kid who is still in high school? The saying goes that the most popular player on campus is the backup QB, but now we are counting on a kid who probably won't be playing for three years. I would actually be surprised if kiffin is still here by the time Barnett gets serious PT. Of course, you may have been kidding. Then again, BB may come in January and dominate in spring practice. It's fun to read our posts as we all try to figure out how to get back to winning by four touchdowns every game, which, by the way, some were starting to complain about how boring our games had become when explaining why people left early. As I said, we're entertaining.

capnfrog

All-American
Aug 17, 2002
Pell city, Al. U.S.A.
Better. You can take notice of how well Michigans offense is performing under Nuss plus the addition of Nuss to their staff didn't bolster their offensive recruiting or should I say 'impress any recruits'.

ontopp

All-SEC
Jan 31, 2004
Decatur.Alabama
Let's see I got blasted for Kiffin or Kirby as Possible for future Head coach,Is Kiffin not our Offensive Coordinator. Now too the real article Really we have to say this is Blakes first yr at QB he passes better in the first 3 games, last game a lot of over throws not so good decisions.Everyone said Coker is the man at first of the year.The offensive line is not blocking very well, Proof No. yards on the ground is down, Lots of penalties for and Alabama team. Blake Can't even find room for QB sneak . Drake gone part of this new offense,Center out for 1 1/2 games Lots of fumbles bad decisions on returning kicks which in returns equates to bad field position.My question is how is this blog even being asked right now?

Last edited:

Crimsissippi

BamaNation Citizen
Sep 11, 2014
Oxford or Ocean Springs, MS
I think that Alabama is no doubt better with Kiffin. His system focuses on getting the ball to the playmakers as quickly and efficiently as possible by causing and exposing mismatches in the defense. He's just caught some bad breaks so far as far as injuries and turnovers go, all of which he has no control over, just players not executing.

dvldog

Hall of Fame
Sep 20, 2005
Virginia
Hard to say...First three games he looked like a surgeon with a laser scalpel; the last two more like a butcher w/a dull pen knife:wink:

bamamoss2

All-SEC
Sep 10, 2000
Cullman, Alabama
Kiffin has surprised me positively. Like many, I wondered about the hire. As of today, I do not think he is the reason for the inconsistencies we have seen.

IMO, OL play and development of the 5 stars into their potential is where I am disappointed on offense.

Players are not achieving the fans (me included) expectations. Perhaps today is the day. Roll Tide Roll!!!!

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
When Kiffin is allowed to run the offense exactly how he wants & call the plays he wants without being hampered with his decisions on certain situations..I think he's the best OC we've had under Coach Saban & hope he stays with us for a long time..Cause the longer he stays & the more he recruits players that fits in with the style of offense he wants, which we're already stocked to the brim with every type talent he can or needs..We're only going to get better & better on offense under Coach Kiffin as he builds an offensive juggernaut at Bama..

KrAzY3

Hall of Fame
Jan 18, 2006
kraizy.art
When Kiffin is allowed to run the offense exactly how he wants & call the plays he wants without being hampered with his decisions on certain situations..I think he's the best OC we've had under Coach Saban & hope he stays with us for a long time
I'm really confused by that qualifier and wondering how you would be able to differentiate between when you believe he's hampered and when he isn't?

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
Don't start! Enjoy the win! There has been talks that he was handcuffed in the last few weeks, but it wouldn't make any difference.... The playcalling was not any different than it was the last few weeks... There was no safety on top of Cooper, and so...
I'm really confused by that qualifier and wondering how you would be able to differentiate between when you believe he's hampered and when he isn't?

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.