Kurt Freitag caught with 112 grams of marijuana and $4,600, but not arrested

Ole Man Dan

Hall of Fame
Apr 21, 2008
Gadsden, Al.
For the guys wondering why he was not arreste, there is multiple reasons possibly. Where was he from? Is he from a state that allows medical permits or complete legalization? What was the content of the THC in the Marijuana? Maybe it wasn't good anymore (yes it can go stale.)

Maybe the police actually do suspect something different going on here than some guy having lots of weed.

OR...

He could have 'Rolled Over' on a bigger supplier.
Yrs. ago lots of small timers walked if they sold out someone dealing 'Weight'. (Still Happens)

RollTide1224

All-American
Feb 18, 2008
Spartanburg, SC
I hope Coach Saban kicks him off the team. I had an interaction with Kurt after the 4 guys got arrested for the beating and robbery the other year. I'll suffice it to say I came away with an awful impression of him and haven't really wanted him on the team since then. I would refer to this incident as karma or the universe taking out its trash.

G-VilleTider

Suspended
Aug 17, 2006
Then most of the team should be in jail.
Really? You want to spend tens or hundreds of thousands of dollars and deprive people of their freedom only because they choose to smoke a plant? I can understand wanting him/them off the team but locked up, I just can't understand.

cbi1972

Hall of Fame
Nov 8, 2005
Birmingham, AL
Really? You want to spend tens or hundreds of thousands of dollars and deprive people of their freedom only because they choose to smoke a plant? I can understand wanting him/them off the team but locked up, I just can't understand.
Some people really get in a tizzy about drugs.
Others are just staunch law-and-order types.
I don't really understand why they think the way they do.

Rush

All-American
Jul 5, 2011
Ontario, Canada
I hope Coach Saban kicks him off the team. I had an interaction with Kurt after the 4 guys got arrested for the beating and robbery the other year. I'll suffice it to say I came away with an awful impression of him and haven't really wanted him on the team since then. I would refer to this incident as karma or the universe taking out its trash.
IIRC 1224, he posted something [on twitter perhaps?] inappropriately voicing support for the thugs who laid the beatin' on the student(s).

SMH...

twofbyc

Hall of Fame
Oct 14, 2009
For the mathematically dis-inclined, that's four lids. And with that much cash......
I haven't heard it called a "lid" since '69.....bag, quarter, OZ, but not "lid". Did you ever buy it by the matchbox? Man, you're old....;)

Last edited:

Displaced Bama Fan

Hall of Fame
Jun 5, 2000
Shiner, TX
In this case, is the defendent actually "money"???

STATE OF ALABAMA, EX REL § IN THE CIRCUIT COURT OF LYN HEAD, AS DISTRICT ATTORNEY § OF THE SIXTH JUDICIAL CIRCUIT § TUSCALOOSA COUNTY, ALABAMA OF ALABAMA, § § CIVIL DIVISION Plaintiff,
§ §

Vs.

§ § FOUR THOUSAND SIX HUNDRED SIXTY-ONE ($4,661.00) DOLLARS, § LAWFUL CASH, COIN OR CURRENCY § OF THE STATES OF AMERICA, § § Defendant.

... head-scratcher. :confused:
This is becoming more and more common as cities, counties and states try and get you to forfeit your property. It's easier to "sue" the property than you. Nothing like a good ole money grab. Once again, legalize it, tax it and save a bunch of money from enforcement and incarceration and make a bunch of money from tax revenues.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.