Kurt Freitag caught with 112 grams of marijuana and $4,600, but not arrested

bamamc1

Hall of Fame
Oct 24, 2011
Haleyville, AL
It's a bad situation to be in when they offer you a deal to roll on your supplier, some of those gangs have no problem killing you or your family if they can't get to you, and they usually have guys in prison that can get to you if they can't, if you "Roll Over" on them to get a reduced sentence..I had a friend that I hung around on weekends back in the day & I had no idea of how deep of a connection he had with the Mexican Cartel..We had gone to a party & was on our way to get something to eat around midnight..I noticed a car was following us & stayed on us until we got to town & they pulled up on his side at a red light..We looked over at them & the Mexican Dude(who my bud said was an MS 13 Gang Member) held up a machine looking type gun..I asked him what the hell was that all about & he said that he had been busted & his court date was coming up, that was a warning from MS 13, not to roll on them & he said they threatened to kill his family if he did(as well as kill him)..

It's safe to say I never hung out with him again, I knew he had been arrested for cocaine possession a couple months earlier, I though it was like being caught with personal use type deal..He told me that MS 13 supplied him the drugs & he sold it to make money..I had no idea & I sure as hell steered clear of him after that incident..I could have been caught in the cross fire for his idiocy & that wouldn't have given a crap if I was..You truly have no idea what goes on behind close doors even with your closet friends & family..Drugs can be deadly when it sucks you into its cycle..I've smoked pot before & tried cocaine once on a trip in Florida, but, thankfully I never ever tried any of the drugs you have to shoot up & never used a needle in my life..
OK, nobody tailgate with Tideman. It might get interesting. LOL

capnfrog

All-American
Aug 17, 2002
Pell city, Al. U.S.A.
I'd hope if any student or player that had evidence another student or player was committing this type of crime that is detrimental to the program, would be concerned enough to help the administration intervene for everyone's welfare, including the team, school and individual clearly going down the wrong path, in anonymity.
Won't you please tell the man I didn't kill anyone,
I was just trying to have me some fun.

We don't know the whole story but we do know the rules.

Last edited:

CHATTBRIT

Hall of Fame
Dec 3, 2003
Falling Water, TN
In this case, is the defendent actually "money"???

STATE OF ALABAMA, EX REL § IN THE CIRCUIT COURT OF LYN HEAD, AS DISTRICT ATTORNEY § OF THE SIXTH JUDICIAL CIRCUIT § TUSCALOOSA COUNTY, ALABAMA OF ALABAMA, § § CIVIL DIVISION Plaintiff,
§ §

Vs.

§ § FOUR THOUSAND SIX HUNDRED SIXTY-ONE ($4,661.00) DOLLARS, § LAWFUL CASH, COIN OR CURRENCY § OF THE STATES OF AMERICA, § § Defendant.

... head-scratcher. :confused:
That's the style that forfeiture cases use thus making it easier to snag the cash by law enforcement.

PS Assuming Freitag is responsible for the cash & MJ, he has obviously made a very stupid choice getting involved in this crap. There is only so much that Coach Saban's staff can do to educate these young men to make the right choices. Pity Freitag didn't pay enough attention to this information as he has so obviously made the wrong choice.

bamabelle1991

All-American
Jan 1, 2009
South Alabama
Yep, I also believe that there may be a bigger fish involved as well which is why it is so hush-hush. Could be an ongoing investigation. Best to cut ties and never mention it again!

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.