Jameis Winston signed 340 autographs for dealer...

bamagradinATL

All-American
Sep 12, 2006
McKinney, TX
this, IMO, is 100% the NCAA's fault

They could have nipped this in the bud last year with Manziel, they chose to fold instead. This sent a signal to the guys like Gurley and Jameis that they could get away with it too. I am sure the autograph sellers are saying "Don't worry about it, JF got off and the NCAA had video of him doing it, take the money you'll be fine." I just hope our guys are smart enough to stay clear, though news on Frietag has me concerned about their smarts
This is what Danny Kanell is spouting. If the NCAA doesn't have video then they need to leave Winston alone.

Con

Hall of Fame
Dec 19, 2006
Northern Hemisphere
When will the people of FSU or the NCAA realize that there is so much smoke going on with Winston, there has to be a forest fire somewhere. He has just been a pain for them to have to deal with.

alwayshavebeen

All-SEC
Sep 22, 2013
North Carolina
Why is this a big new :) They just are being cautious because Winston has big impact on the point... if he's not playing this weekend, the number will shift and ends up being all on ND... and that's not fair.
Just pointing out that Vegas may know something that ties to the original thread. Did you have a bunch of $$$ on this one? :smile:

Sensation77

Scout Team
Sep 18, 2006
Gallatin, Tennessee, United States
I posted last week that I knew of at least two signing sessions with JW. One in a hotel close to campus that was broken up by FSU campus police and officials, and another a couple of weeks later further from campus that was not busted. The FSU people kept the busted sigining hush-hush, but there is no way Jimbo didnt know about it. He's lying through his teeth when he says he doesn't think JW was doing it. I've quickly lost all respect for Jimbo because of how he has covered for JW.

Crimson Speed

All-American
Oct 2, 2005
The Shoals, North West Alabama
When will the people of FSU or the NCAA realize that there is so much smoke going on with Winston, there has to be a forest fire somewhere. He has just been a pain for them to have to deal with.
They all know he is guilty as sin on all three of these incidents. FSU is simply playing a game of delay, delay, delay. If they can manage to put everything off for two or three more months, the season is over, they end up with another great season, and Winston sails off to the NFL. The shame in all of this is that JW doesn't give a hoot about FSU or the wreckage he leaves behind. Auburn set the example with Cam; FSU is following their lead, knowing up front that the NCAA will do nothing but rattle a few cages and drop the whole thing.

bamacon

Hall of Fame
Apr 11, 2008
College Football's Mecca, Tuscaloosa
I'm not following; what's racist?
Everything these days even Ebola. I have already heard comments like if JFF wasn't white...The latest in the autograph scandal are black. If you'll remember Justin Blackmon lost a year for a seemingly similar if not less serious situation. I'm not saying it is just that I have heard that argument. Personally I think they should all be able to benefit in a trust of some sort of their likeness but that's just my 2 cents.

Al A Bama

Hall of Fame
Jun 24, 2011
So back to my question from last year - who is paying for this lawyer?
Does the $'s come from lots of autographed STUFF?

or

Does the $'s come from future earnings?

or

Is the lawyer doing this pro bono?

or

Is someone's parents wealthy?

or

?

Snuffy Smith

All-American
Sep 12, 2012
Huntsville, AL
Does the $'s come from lots of autographed STUFF?

or

Does the $'s come from future earnings?

or

Is the lawyer doing this pro bono?

or

Is someone's parents wealthy?

or

?
A) possible NCAA violation
B) definite NCAA violation unless said lawyer would do the same for any John Doe FSU student (see fishing trips)
C) No

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.