Jameis Winston signed 340 autographs for dealer...

GP for Bama

All-American
Feb 3, 2011
I know that FSU claims that they don't believe that jameis received any money for his 2000 autographs, but doesn't the NCAA investigate at all anymore?

Last edited:

CB4

Hall of Fame
Aug 8, 2011
Birmingham, AL
Florida State, Jimbo Fisher, and Jameis Winston are following the Auburn "All In" model. Deny everything, stall, delay, threaten legal proceedings claiming lack of "due process", etc.. Even if the NCAA does come calling, the season will be over and Jameis will be headed to the NFL.

Ldlane

Hall of Fame
Nov 26, 2002
I really think that the NCAA is struggling with this because next year is supposed to be when the "Big 5" get more autonomy which could include "stipends" for players. I think the dealers pushed this out to "test" the waters.

Bamaboda1

Suspended
Sep 1, 2006
Kathleen, GA
Well, at last...rape? well...well...well...theft? well...well...well, disorderly (and obscene) conduct? well...well...well.autographs?? By gosh, he's done it now! Just wait till til the NCAA gets through with him!

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
Yup..If they allow Jameis to ge away with this, I hate to say this, if I were a college football player whose name holds value & I see the NCAA is allowing Jameis to do it with no repercussions..I'd start signing as many things as fast as my hand could go & make me some $$$ as well..Be like Jameis if that's what the NCAA is going to allow him to do & then lawyer up if they say one word to me about it & point at Jameis telling the NCAA..Hey you butt heads allowed Jameis to sign stuff..If he can..So am I cause it's only fair..
I really think that the NCAA is struggling with this because next year is supposed to be when the "Big 5" get more autonomy which could include "stipends" for players. I think the dealers pushed this out to "test" the waters.

GP for Bama

All-American
Feb 3, 2011
Yup..If they allow Jameis to ge away with this, I hate to say this, if I were a college football player whose name holds value & I see the NCAA is allowing Jameis to do it with no repercussions..I'd start signing as many things as fast as my hand could go & make me some $$$ as well..Be like Jameis if that's what the NCAA is going to allow him to do & then lawyer up if they say one word to me about it & point at Jameis telling the NCAA..Hey you butt heads allowed Jameis to sign stuff..If he can..So am I cause it's only fair..
It seems like the NCAA opened the flood gates when they allowed Johnny Football to laugh his way through a half game suspension for autographing things for money.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Here's the latest on this story. Link

The autograph authentication company that has certified more than 1,000 jerseys, photos, mini helmets and other items as bearing the valid signature of Florida State quarterback Jameis Winston received the items only after an initial authentication firm rejected the job because of concerns about their legitimacy, sources told "Outside the Lines."

Five sources who spoke to "Outside the Lines" on the condition of anonymity said that James Spence Authentication got the items only after competitor PSA/DNA backed out of the February signing with Winston. PSA/DNA did so after being told that it couldn't witness the quarterback signing the items in person, sources said.

Chukker Veteran

Hall of Fame
Feb 6, 2001
Wouldn't it be an odd twist if Winston had cheated the folks buying the signatures to resell by having someone else actually sign them.

mdb-tpet

All-SEC
Sep 2, 2004
Really not much would surprise me with Mr. Winston at this point. He's just another highly talented individual that will make a mockery of our justice system and our country's moral code as he lines his pockets. In his defense, everyone else around him is getting richer from his football play, so there's almost no way/reason to correct his behavior. Until this country starts turning off the TV when characters like him are on, we will get more and more just like him.

ccc2259

All-American
Oct 29, 2010
Lower Alabama
Here's the latest on this story. Link
The autograph authentication company that has certified more than 1,000 jerseys, photos, mini helmets and other items as bearing the valid signature of Florida State quarterback Jameis Winston received the items only after an initial authentication firm rejected the job because of concerns about their legitimacy, sources told "Outside the Lines."

Five sources who spoke to "Outside the Lines" on the condition of anonymity said that James Spence Authentication got the items only after competitor PSA/DNA backed out of the February signing with Winston. PSA/DNA did so after being told that it couldn't witness the quarterback signing the items in person, sources said.
Where I come from, if you don't want somebody watching you do something, you shouldn't be doing it.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Where I come from, if you don't want somebody watching you do something, you shouldn't be doing it.
That is true, but the authentication companies take not being able to witness the signing as a lie. The person claiming to represent Winston could easily do the signing and get money for it, and Winston has no idea someone signed his name on hundreds of items.

Redwood Forrest

Hall of Fame
Sep 19, 2003
Boaz, AL USA
That is true, but the authentication companies take not being able to witness the signing as a lie. The person claiming to represent Winston could easily do the signing and get money for it, and Winston has no idea someone signed his name on hundreds of items.
Which is exactly the tactic the lawyer will use. And Jimbo will say, "Where is the proof? Jamis is innocent once again."

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Which is exactly the tactic the lawyer will use. And Jimbo will say, "Where is the proof? Jamis is innocent once again."
Which is why the signatures were not witnessed. Unless there is a cashed check in Winston's name, he is going to skate here. Even the signatures are in doubt now - they may not all be his.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.