Jimbo Fisher is unbelievable...

cuda.1973

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
Allen, Texas
As I recall..............his dad would not meet with him, and stayed in the next room, acting in a less-than-professional manner. (In keeping with today's motif.)

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
His dad turned the tv up when CNS spoke.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I don't remember if he turned it up or refused to turn it off, but he did it to several coaches on purpose to provoke a response. By his own admission, the only coach who did not receive this treatment was Fisher. He wanted his son at FSU, and he made sure that it would work out that way by being rude to the other coaches and placing them in less than favorable light whenever possible. When I read those stories, I knew that Alabama was better off without this kid. The father is a manipulator with no common decency - the son trained at his hand.

CB4

Hall of Fame
Aug 8, 2011
Birmingham, AL
I don't remember if he turned it up or refused to turn it off, but he did it to several coaches on purpose to provoke a response. By his own admission, the only coach who did not receive this treatment was Fisher. He wanted his son at FSU, and he made sure that it would work out that way by being rude to the other coaches and placing them in less than favorable light whenever possible. When I read those stories, I knew that Alabama was better off without this kid. The father is a manipulator with no common decency - the son trained at his hand.
Apple never seems to fall too far from the tree.

Redwood Forrest

Hall of Fame
Sep 19, 2003
Boaz, AL USA
No one should jump to conclusions without proof, conviction & etc. There are some FSU fans who support Jamis for this reason. It leaves me to wonder just how many SECOND CHANCES are enough? How many FREE PASSES are legit, in those peoples minds?

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
I don't think he will be with FSU next year. I fully expect him to be coaching Tampa Bay (NFL) next year.
What causes you to believe that?

Lovie is a good coach in his first year with an unproven QB. Jimbo has no NFL experience and has not been mentioned for a NFL vacancy.

RobK

All-SEC
Aug 27, 2004
Holts Summit, MO
knodell.blog-city.com
I think there's some warped logic in play here that says that standing behind Winston at almost all costs will send a message to recruits that the coach "has their back" and will somehow make Florida State a more appealing destination for top players. And it is coupled with at least a subconscious sentiment that FSU could not compete for national titles (either last year or this season) without Winston and that keeping him on the field is a must.

I think both sentiments are wrong. The events of the last 15 months in Tallahassee have been enough of a circus to give a lot of parents and young players pause and the Winston saga has overshadowed a lot of other good players on that team who have been good citizens and great teammates.

CaliforniaTide

All-American
Aug 9, 2006
Huntsville, AL
I don't dispute Fisher's sentiment that you can't convict without facts, and thus, one is innocent until proven guilty. However, that assumes that the investigation was legitimate, and there are a lot of questions that the investigation is legitimate. Furthermore, Winston's behavior since this whole mess started has been indefensible. He isn't just a kid; he's a Heisman Trophy and national championship winning QB. He knows exactly how he's supposed to act, and also know that anything that can be construed as negative will be blown up. Furthermore, even if Winston didn't know all of that, his stature would give him access to Fisher, or any other adults that could help him with his behavior.

For the first time, I wouldn't mind seeing Notre Dame winning this weekend just so that Winston and Fisher can be taken down a peg or two. I realize what that would mean in terms of media coverage for ND, but I'm just so done with the constant defending of Winston.

CrimsonNagus

Hall of Fame
Jun 6, 2007
Montgomery, Alabama, United States
There were plenty of facts that showed Winston raped that poor girl, they were just ignored by the DA, FSU and TPD. The facts are clear as day, right there in the report that was released online for all of us to read. I read it and any one of us would be sitting in jail right now. FSU and the TPD, with the help of an incompetent DA, covered up a crime to win a national title.

CrimsonEyeshade

Hall of Fame
Nov 6, 2007
His dad turned the tv up when CNS spoke.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
And it was WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY loud, 'til finally CNS asked him to turn it down. Winston's dad said he did it too see how the coaches would react. He apparently didn't feel the need for the Tallahassee contingent

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Jimbo just asked if he's the object of "a media witch hunt" during the ACC coaches' teleconference. How pathetic.

russtang

All-American
Apr 11, 2007
Central Alabama
www.uniquetitanium.com
I saw an interview on FOX last night and FSU players loved the fact that their coach had JW's back (and their's) no matter what.
Said he was just like a father looking after his children.
There is no reason for the charges.

It's obvious FSU coaches and players don't see things the same way most of us do.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.