Jimbo Fisher is unbelievable...

nx4bama

All-SEC
Apr 8, 2010
NW Alabama
I saw an interview on FOX last night and FSU players loved the fact that their coach had JW's back (and their's) no matter what.
Said he was just like a father looking after his children.
There is no reason for the charges.

It's obvious FSU coaches and players don't see things the same way most of us do.
The sad thing is, I'm convinced that a large percentage of our young people believe this is the roll their father should take, ie stick up for them no matter how wrong they are.

GreatDanish

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2005
TN
The sad thing is, I'm convinced that a large percentage of our young people believe this is the roll their father should take, ie stick up for them no matter how wrong they are.
I'm convinced a lot of parents believe that is their role.

uaintn

All-American
Aug 2, 2000
franklin, tennessee, usa
Bonehead. A coach's role should be to defend his players, but about their play and place on the team. E.g. "Our QB made the right reads in the game, but our route running was not as crisp as it should be. That's our responsibility as coaches to get fixed".

Attacking a woman who has already suffered a great deal is an entirely different thing. Just the way she was treated by the TPD was a travesty. Jimbo is not even smart enough to say "that's an on-going matter and I cannot and will not comment. does anyone have a question about the upcoming Notre Dame game?"

Gr8hope

All-American
Nov 10, 2010
Bo Jackson sounded off about Jameis on Jim Rome show:

"I really don't know who is giving this young man guidance. I have communicated with him and I just talked to him like I was his dad. The things that you need to do. And this was before the incident where he was (suspended) from the baseball team (for stealing crab legs)," Jackson said. "I'm the type of person, I will go out of my way to help anybody. Normally, I don't like giving people advice if I haven't been down that road myself. But if I give you advice on something that I know more about than you by just falling out of bed in the morning, if you can't take that advice and learn from it, then I've got nothing else to do with the situation. You're on your own.
"If I told you what I told him, it'll probably singe the hairs in your ears. I will lend you a hand. And if you take that hand for granted, I will yank it back and go about my business, go on about my life. That's how it is. Jameis Winston needs to make some changes in his life. Because it's affecting him now and it's definitely going to affect him down the road."

http://auburn.247sports.com/Bolt/Bo-Jackson-sounds-off-on-Jameis-Winston-32059180

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
Bo Jackson sounded off about Jameis on Jim Rome show:

"I really don't know who is giving this young man guidance. I have communicated with him and I just talked to him like I was his dad. The things that you need to do. And this was before the incident where he was (suspended) from the baseball team (for stealing crab legs)," Jackson said. "I'm the type of person, I will go out of my way to help anybody. Normally, I don't like giving people advice if I haven't been down that road myself. But if I give you advice on something that I know more about than you by just falling out of bed in the morning, if you can't take that advice and learn from it, then I've got nothing else to do with the situation. You're on your own.
"If I told you what I told him, it'll probably singe the hairs in your ears. I will lend you a hand. And if you take that hand for granted, I will yank it back and go about my business, go on about my life. That's how it is. Jameis Winston needs to make some changes in his life. Because it's affecting him now and it's definitely going to affect him down the road."

http://auburn.247sports.com/Bolt/Bo-Jackson-sounds-off-on-Jameis-Winston-32059180
bo knows stuff

tide96

All-SEC
Oct 4, 2005
Eh, they are just going straight Auburn Cam Newton defense.

When know he almost certainly did it, but you probably can't find the evidence for it in time. So we are just going to deny everything and see what you can prove in the limited time frame and see if you have the balls to take it away from us afterwards when you didn't suspend him during the season.

Al A Bama

Hall of Fame
Jun 24, 2011
As the spouse of a middle school teacher, I can confirm this. When a child fails a test is the fault of the teacher. I have actually heard this said out loud, lol.
I think some teachers should NOT be diplomatic. They should tell the parent that someone in that conversation needs to look in the mirror to see where the fault lies.

When she is called to the office by the Principal because that parent stormed to that office yelling all kinds of profanities, I would expect the Principal to support the teacher, instead of caving in to an UPSET parent who is the guilty culprit in the child's failure.

The Principal then ask the parent to list all the things that the parent does daily to support the teacher and to list all the things that the parent does to help their child be successful in all classes.

If the Board of Education wants to fire that teacher and Principal, then that school district did not deserve either of those two quality professional educators!

JMHO!

cuda.1973

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
Allen, Texas
Principals should back the teacher? Yeah, they should. But, most do not.

Not sure if the rich parents get away with more kvetching than the rest of us, or not. But, teachers I know who have taught in rich school districts seem to be the most upset with their principals.
</rant>

Back to football.

nx4bama

All-SEC
Apr 8, 2010
NW Alabama
I think some teachers should NOT be diplomatic. They should tell the parent that someone in that conversation needs to look in the mirror to see where the fault lies.

When she is called to the office by the Principal because that parent stormed to that office yelling all kinds of profanities, I would expect the Principal to support the teacher, instead of caving in to an UPSET parent who is the guilty culprit in the child's failure.

The Principal then ask the parent to list all the things that the parent does daily to support the teacher and to list all the things that the parent does to help their child be successful in all classes.

If the Board of Education wants to fire that teacher and Principal, then that school district did not deserve either of those two quality professional educators!

JMHO!
I like it! Unfortunately, I do not believe things usually work out this way

CrimsonPride

1st Team
Dec 9, 2001
Chattanooga, TN
I don't understand how Jimbo can be so resolute in his defense of Winston. He said he spoke Jameis and he said he did not do it. Jameis has also told them that he had not done other things which it turned out he had.

Just with the last incident in the student union, the President said they suspended him for the game because Jameis was not truthful and forthcoming in his version of what happened. A lie of omission is just as bad as a blatant lie IMO.

Jameis had about coverd a season of Law & Order: accused of sexual assualt, vandalism of property with BB gun, theft, making disparaging comments about females in a public place. Hard to imagine what's next.

Catfish

Hall of Fame
Oct 11, 2005
Birmingham
Jameis had about coverd a season of Law & Order: accused of sexual assualt, vandalism of property with BB gun, theft, making disparaging comments about females in a public place. Hard to imagine what's next.
Well, so far he hasn't killed anybody or sold secrets to a foreign govenrment. So, there's that.

DocCrimson

All-SEC
Jan 3, 2010
East TN
Well, so far he hasn't killed anybody or sold secrets to a foreign govenrment. So, there's that.
And if he did sell secrets, I'm pretty sure Jimbo would explain how Jameis said he didn't do it, so he couldn't have. Besides, it's no big deal since Russia knew half that stuff already. As for killing someone, I'm pretty sure the FSU fans would say it just proves he's a superhero taking out the bad guys.

Last edited:

Nolan

Hall of Fame
Jul 4, 2006
Oahu
Fisher seemed awfully flippant remarking on the whole situation(s). That's troubling to me. This is rape, man. I was sort of on the fence, but yeah, really don't like him or his team now.

Padreruf

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2001
Charleston, South Carolina
I am just sitting here watching Mike and Mike this am and going, "He cannot be as dumb as he sounds." Either he is profoundly ignorant (and we are both grads of Samford) or he is playing the "Cam Scam," i.e., deny all and make others prove it.

The ACC and FSU have just about lost all credibility in my book...ALL CREDIBILITY!

CB4

Hall of Fame
Aug 8, 2011
Birmingham, AL
Wonder whatever happened to the adage "I rather lose without you than win with you."? I guess it went away 100,000 seat stadiums, multi-million dollar television packages, million dollar coaching salaries, huge bowl pay outs, and the ability to rationalize any decision or behavior.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.