Jimbo Fisher is unbelievable...

CrimsonNagus

Hall of Fame
Jun 6, 2007
Montgomery, Alabama, United States
One thing I find funny about all this is hearing Auburn fans call Fienbaum and blast FSU, Jimbo and FSU fans for supporting Winston at all cost. Sure, the school that uses the phrase "all-in" now has a problem with another school going all-in. Barners make no sense.

teamplayer

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2001
cullman, al, usa
One thing I find funny about all this is hearing Auburn fans call Fienbaum and blast FSU, Jimbo and FSU fans for supporting Winston at all cost. Sure, the school that uses the phrase "all-in" now has a problem with another school going all-in. Barners make no sense.
I don't think many fans of any school have much room to talk these days, but this Fisher dude has clearly decided winning at all costs is more important than doing things right. FSU officials are no better than the Penn St. officials who allowed a suspected child rapist to continue using university facilities. It's shameful, but so is our society that continues producing vane and greedy people. It's an embarrassing reflection. We all have weaknesses, but many of us realize it and admit our errors. It seems the "successful" people learn different lessons. I still wish the NFL would start a minor league and the universities would go back to being more about student-athletes again before things get even worse and totally ruin college football.

Namath2Perkins

Aug 20, 2014
Ultimately Jimbo will look foolish and regret he didn't do something similar to what GA did with Gurley...he comes across as tone deaf right now.

ptw1961

1st Team
Dec 8, 2011
Jimbo Fisher sounds like a bigger idiot every time he opens his mouth. Bo Jackson did not "grow up with Jameis "- Bo is 51 years old and has lived in Chicago for a long time. I started this thread earlier in the week and Fisher has only supported my opinion of him since that time.

I have never seen such a blind defense of a player- there is something beyond wrong in Tallahassee. Jimbo again called Winston a "great kid". It's the worse thumb noising that I have seen in 41 years of watching college football.

CB4

Hall of Fame
Aug 8, 2011
Birmingham, AL
Jimbo Fisher sounds like a bigger idiot every time he opens his mouth. Bo Jackson did not "grow up with Jameis "- Bo is 51 years old and has lived in Chicago for a long time. I started this thread earlier in the week and Fisher has only supported my opinion of him since that time.

I have never seen such a blind defense of a player- there is something beyond wrong in Tallahassee. Jimbo again called Winston a "great kid". It's the worse thumb noising that I have seen in 41 years of watching college football.
Jimbo's "Jameis is a good kid and would never lie to me" crap gets more tiresome every day. Let me see, this is the SAME Jameis Winston that told TPD (in the BB gun escapade) that he was using it to "shoot squirrels" and never had any part of windows being shot out at the apartment complex. This is the SAME Jameis Winston that had to admit he lied to AD administration (guess Jimbo was sitting in the corner playing "Hear No Evil, See No Evil, Speak No Evil) when confronted by witness accounts of his vulgar proclamation in the student union (which led to the full game suspension versus Clemson) and the SAME Jameis Winston that told police he had simply "forgotten to pay" for the crab legs at Publix.

And all this pales in comparison to his involvement in the sexual assault. And we should believe Winston because he has been such a model citizen since that happened in December of 2012.

I agree with a previous poster. No better way to describe Jimbo Fisher. He's a TOOL.

CHATTBRIT

Hall of Fame
Dec 3, 2003
Falling Water, TN
Would you believe that Winston even made it on the Dr. Phil show as a perfect example of how not to treat premier athletes. He basically said that Winston's actions have been condoned by the coaching staff and the school as he has not had any real consequence for the rape, stealing, shouting obscenities, or anything else he has done but not reported.

Saban has no trouble sitting a player down for a game or so as he wants to mold boys into men. On the other hand, Fisher seems intent on winning at any cost -- including the moral bankruptcy of the members of his team.

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
Have to admit it and it`s galling, but with the chips on the table and you`ve got to have a drive to win, who else would you rather have under center than Jameis Winston? For me, nobody.

Al A Bama

Hall of Fame
Jun 24, 2011
Why do you think that he had to whisper in Winston's ear after the FSU vs ND game? Was he afraid that Jamies was going to do something STUPID after that game? Coach Fisher's whisper was heard by the entire TV audience. It didn't look like he whispered in any other player's ear.

TDBama78

All-American
Jul 11, 2007
I think jumbo, in the long ,term has done himself no favors. Especially on the recruiting trail.

Last edited:

CLINT

1st Team
Aug 11, 2010
Central Illinois
I think jumbo, in the long ,term has done himself no favors. Especially on the recruiting trail.
IDK, people seem to forget the things you do after a couple of years. I mean do you think the $cam situation is still affecting the barn? Or are people NOT attending tOSU because of Tressel and Prior? People just forget. Sadly I think this is another case and he has a NC that no one can take it away

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.