Jimbo Fisher is unbelievable...

• Bama Gymnastics @ NCAA Championship Semi-finals (ESPN2 | TONIGHT - 4/18 @ 8pm CT). We will have a game thread going in the Women's Sports board. Come join us!

ptw1961

1st Team
Dec 8, 2011
Jimbo Fisher's overall attitude and comments concerning Jameis Winston are beyond disturbing. He has truly sold his soul ( and his financial soul) for his own personal gain. Does he have any idea or even care how the rest of the country perceives him at this point? Some on here and in the state of Alabama have defended him and spoke of his character and all of that- I am sorry- he is showing his true colors here. Beyond disturbing. This kid would not be eligible at any other school (except maybe Auburn). Most coddled athlete of my lifetime by Bobby Bowden U. Thoughts?

TrueCrimson7

All-American
Sep 21, 2014
USA
As a football fan I am frustrated, but as a father I am just saddened by this behavior. The administration including Fisher will seemingly fight this with everything they have until he has played his last game for them. If the allegations of justice obstruction are true, what it says to the rest of the country is that football (with the accompanying cash flow) is above integrity. When Jimbo opens his mouth, all I hear as a father is "Parents beware. If you send your child to FSU and they become the victim of a malicious crime, we will protect the alleged perpetrator at all costs if they play can throw a football well."

I think all this crap surrounding FSU has more to do with MSU jumping them in the polls than anything. If there was no controversy, no way would it have happened. I also think people in general are just fed up with all of it. Notice, there is not much mention of FSU (except negative) in the media despite them steam rolling opponents.

IH8Orange

Hall of Fame
Aug 14, 2000
Trussville, AL, USA
It makes me sick that he is a Saban disciple. Saban would never put up with shenanigans like this.
He's spent many more years in the Bowden coaching family than in Saban's camp. His formative years were spent with Tiny Terry, so he probably picked up more of his core philosophy from them than from Saban.

Mamacalled

Hall of Fame
Dec 4, 2000
Pelham, Al
I was one of those that defended him as I know many people that has spent time with him and I have met him and his family more than once. The fact is, many of us from Hueytown now feel fooled by him and do not stand up for him anymore. Actually, most are ashamed that he is from Hueytown.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
I was one of those that defended him as I know many people that has spent time with him and I have met him and his family more than once. The fact is, many of us from Hueytown now feel fooled by him and do not stand up for him anymore. Actually, most are ashamed that he is from Hueytown.
I'm not meaning this in a negative way towards your or anyone from Hueytown, but I'm curious about this. I've heard and read some folks say his actions aren't anything new because he did stuff in Hueytown. Yesterday, ESPN NFL insider Louis Riddick was asked about the latest developments with Jameis and the consequences in regard to the NFL. He said he's talked to some scouts that have known Jameis since his pre-FSU days and they aren't surprised by any of this.

russtang

All-American
Apr 11, 2007
Central Alabama
www.uniquetitanium.com
I'm not meaning this in a negative way towards your or anyone from Hueytown, but I'm curious about this. I've heard and read some folks say his actions aren't anything new because he did stuff in Hueytown. Yesterday, ESPN NFL insider Louis Riddick was asked about the latest developments with Jameis and the consequences in regard to the NFL. He said he's talked to some scouts that have known Jameis since his pre-FSU days and they aren't surprised by any of this.
Lots of people in and around Hueytown know about him and his past and aren't surprised at all.

Mamacalled

Hall of Fame
Dec 4, 2000
Pelham, Al
No problem, didn't take anything as negative in your comment. I was just admitting that i was one of those that supported him initially but most of us who did admit we were fooled.

TiderMan

All-SEC
Feb 5, 2005
Moody, AL.
When all is said and done on Jameis Winston, I think that Jimbo will end up losing his job over the whole mess. Also I would not be surprised if the AD and President of FSU also lose their jobs.

cuda.1973

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
Allen, Texas
No problem, didn't take anything as negative in your comment. I was just admitting that i was one of those that supported him initially but most of us who did admit we were fooled.
Well, it happens to all of us, at some point in our life. You are not alone.

I guess the only clue us uninformed could have possibly known about is the less-than-amusing anecdote of how his dad treated CNS, when he came to recruit Cap'n Crablegs. As things start to play out, it all makes more sense.

GP for Bama

All-American
Feb 3, 2011
Well, it happens to all of us, at some point in our life. You are not alone.

I guess the only clue us uninformed could have possibly known about is the less-than-amusing anecdote of how his dad treated CNS, when he came to recruit Cap'n Crablegs. As things start to play out, it all makes more sense.

So what happened when Coach recruited Jameis?

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.