Still in contention - What's the big deal?

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
If it does happen.... We'll be known as "The fans who fired Saban over 2014 result: #7 in poll and 5-1 record" This fanbase is something else. I'm quite embarassed by fan's behavior of lately.. That's all I will say on this.. I'm sure this thread will get deleted at some point.

AgentAntiOrange

1st Team
Dec 30, 2009
Norman, OK
I don't think that anyone with any actual sense wants to fire CNS. People are upset about the undisciplined play and about his seemingly 'beyond reproach' attitude about criticisms of that undisciplined play. But to fire him? That sounds like internet nutjobs to me.

BamaBrass

Suspended
Feb 14, 2004
Ringgold, GA
I have to think that those who want to fire CNS are Barners. I think most fans see the regression of the team and have little faith that, if things don't turn around quickly, we will be looking at a 8-4 team.

GreatDanish

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2005
TN
Has the fan base completely lost its minds?
The answer to this question is "yes."
But, I have to remember that there are some young'ens that don't remember what it is like to not be favored to win a game. Or, what's it's like to not be a top 5 team. If you are under the age of 22 or so, let me tell you - things are golden right now. You know how Michigan is right now? Yeah, that was us not too long ago.

rangertau

BamaNation Citizen
Jan 29, 2000
Fairfax, VA
Ehh...we are spoiled fans and lots of recent success doesn't help but aggravate the situation. Anyone remember during the Shula or Dubose days? I was just happy we were in the discussion for a BCS bowl every once in awhile. Maybe get a player or two drafted in the third round. Now we are always in the NC and SEC Champ discussion all year - every year. And it is not enough! Winning is like crack cocaine - and Saban is the biggest pusher. Now we can't get enough of it and some of the newer (bandwagon) fans are going into withdrawal. Note - I do not say the fan base, as the fan base are the folks who rode through the tough times.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
That thread was... wow... it showed lot of people's true colors... I'm just proud of my team this season... things aren't going well, but yet... we're 5-1.. Im proud of them.

nx4bama

All-SEC
Apr 8, 2010
NW Alabama
That thread was filled to the brim with stupidity, but even there I didn't see anyone suggest we fire Saban.
Off the top of my head, somebody said it was about time for saban to watch ducks in the yard. I'll admit, I've never heard that expression before, but based on the rest of that post, I took it to mean fire him. And yes, lots of stupidity. :)

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
http://espn.go.com/ncf/notebook/_/p...tor-college-football-week-7-victims-survivors

#7 ... 5-1 ... one bad season (2007), we've won 10+ every season since then ... now, there are fans who want to fire Nick Saban. I really don't get it. This [2007-now] is worse than then [2000-2006]? :confused:

Has the fan base completely lost its minds?
I haven't heard one real alabama fan call for CNS head. There is a huge difference in being realistic about how this season is going to end and being a totally insane fair weather fan whining after a loss or an ugly win. And also our sunshine pumpers really need to tone it down because it's going to be ugly when we pick up another loss

Last edited by a moderator:

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS
Off the top of my head, somebody said it was about time for saban to watch ducks in the yard. I'll admit, I've never heard that expression before, but based on the rest of that post, I took it to mean fire him. And yes, lots of stupidity. :)
Yeah, that post sent me over the edge. Ridiculous.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
that phrase was from one of the walk-on/subs (i think his name was ezell) who did a funny locker room impression of saban that made it to one of the espn features on bama back in 2010 or so

BamaMark.

1st Team
Jun 21, 2012
I did read most of it until it just got to be ridiculous. I never saw anyone say that Saban should be fired though. Williams on the other hand... Right now I'm just disappointed in both coach and some of the fanbase for the way this whole thing is playing out. That's about all I'm going to say about it though...

Last edited:

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
Yeah, that post sent me over the edge. Ridiculous.
Actually Saban said that himself. Something to the effect of : I'll coach until I can't anymore and then I'll go watch ducks crap in the yard on the lake." I'm paraphrasing but something similar..

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.