Gameplans against Texas A and M (Keep it Positive and clean)

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
If you were the coach and you're installing the game plan for the offense and defense.. what would you do? (keep it positive and clean!)

Here's few questions to help you get started:
1) Who would you start against TAM this weekend?
2) What kind of weakness do you look for in TAM?
3) What can we do to ensure our plan will lead to victory this weekend?
4) What kind of motivation speech you would give to the team the night before the game?

WMack4Bama

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 7, 2008
Tuscaloosa, AL
Re: Gameplans against Texas A and M (Keep it Postive and clean)

1) Who would you start against TAM this weekend? Same 22 I started last week. No need to change anything (except at RG).
2) What kind of weakness do you look for in TAM? They can't stop the run. I'd run it...the same play...until they stopped it. Then run that same play to the other side.
3) What can we do to ensure our plan will lead to victory this weekend? Execute it
4) What kind of motivation speech you would give to the team the night before the game? If we win, we still have a chance to have a spot in the playoffs. If we lose, we're pretty much out of it. Get some rest and Roll Tide.

Last edited:
B

BamaJ

1) Wouldn't make any changes, however, I don't know that I'd return a single punt. Might not even put anyone back there.

2) Run defense is a weakness. I'd run with all the RBs and the QB. Maybe even an end around with Coop. I'd throw several deep passes as well, to back them off.

3) Execute

4) "You play for the greatest university in the entire nation. If I need to stand up here and say words in order that you may be excited about playing on ANY Saturday, we may as well pack up and go home! You're the Crimson Tide! You're Alabama! Go out there tomorrow and act like it!"

AgentAntiOrange

1st Team
Dec 30, 2009
Norman, OK
1) Who would you start against TAM this weekend?

I would not change any starters.

2) What kind of weakness do you look for in TAM?

Weak run defense. Young, possibly rattled QB.

3) What can we do to ensure our plan will lead to victory this weekend?

Keep it simple. Do a few things well instead of trying to do everything all at once.

4) What kind of motivation speech you would give to the team the night before the game?

All positive. Challenge the defense as a whole and the backs/OLine.

Main thing for me.....run the ball, run the ball, run the ball.

TexasBama

TideFans Legend
Jan 15, 2000
Houston, Texas USA

We will start nickel. Play a clean game. Run right over the top of their Star DE.

TexasBama

TideFans Legend
Jan 15, 2000
Houston, Texas USA

1) Who would you start against TAM this weekend? Same 22 I started last week. No need to change anything (except at RG).
2) What kind of weakness do you look for in TAM? They can't stop the run. I'd run it...the same play...until they stopped it. Then run that same play to the other side.
3) What can we do to ensure our plan will lead to victory this weekend? Execute it
4) What kind of motivation speech you would give to the team the night before the game? If we win, we still have a chance to have a spot in the playoffs. If we lose, we're pretty much out of it. Get some rest and Roll Tide.
Ray Perkins approves your play calling :)

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net

Same starters.

Run, run, run the ball.

Get pressure with the front four, drop the rest into coverage. OM did a good job of this, we can, too.

Al A Bama

Hall of Fame
Jun 24, 2011

After all the negative posts about extremely high fan expectations, I'll just say I'm going to watch the game and see what Coach Saban's game plan is/was.

He's been doing it for about 40 years and I haven't done it once. I wouldn't even know where to start. He's the expert. I'm just an observer.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama

Things to do if we are going to win
number 1: we must affect Kenny Hill
number 2: we must affect Kenny Hill
Number 3: we need to score early and often
Number 4:We need to have a confident Blake Sims
Number 5: we need to affect Kenny Hill

Its as simple as that, but it will be way harder to do 1,2,and 5 with our pass defense.
As far as A&M's weaknesses it begins with their defense and ends with situations in which their offense is slowed down. I dont know if we win but if we do it isnt going to be like what some of our fans are saying it will be its going to be . i think its going to be a dog fight. RTR

Last edited:

Ldlane

Hall of Fame
Nov 26, 2002
1. I hoping that the offense shows more formations with the "offset - I". We were promised this as a change earlier in the year and I think we move the ball very well with another RB in the backfield.

2. Only Rush 4 and drop the rest into coverage.

deltatider

1st Team
Nov 29, 2005
The only change to the line up that I would like to see is possibly giving D. Jackson a chance at right guard. I know that he is not polished at a pass blocker, but he appears to excel at run blocking which is an area that we have been struggling in. Does anyone know if Jackson's lack of playing time is due to his pass blocking skills, or if he is struggling with the playbook? I know he had an ankle injury in camp, is it possible that's holding him back? The only reason I would like to see a change at this position is that it appears to be the only spot in which we are not yet settled. And if I recall a few weeks ago Saban said the Jackson might even be one of our top 5. With all that said, it just seems like it might be time to give him a shot.

runtheoption22

News|BB|FB|REC Moderator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2003
Cleveland
We are going to have to success running out of 3 and 4 WR sets. We've shown that we can't simply run the ball out of TE/FB sets or two TE sets when other teams load the box. I don't see other teams abandoning that philosophy, so we are going to have to at least attempt to spread them out a little to get the backs some room.

fundytide

1st Team
Oct 22, 1999
Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
We are going to have to success running out of 3 and 4 WR sets. We've shown that we can't simply run the ball out of TE/FB sets or two TE sets when other teams load the box. I don't see other teams abandoning that philosophy, so we are going to have to at least attempt to spread them out a little to get the backs some room.
I agree. Lot's of play action and some misdirection in the first half to loosen up TAMU's defense and then run it down their throat in the second half when they start showing fatigue.

More man to man on defense and keep it as simple as possible in terms of secondary assignments and responsibilities.

To win you have to be able to run the ball and defend the run and TAMU isn't very good at either one. We need to be physical and impose our will early.

TexasBama

TideFans Legend
Jan 15, 2000
Houston, Texas USA
They gave up 240 yards rushing...to Rice.
I think we'll be ok

Bama Lee

All-American
Oct 13, 1999
Dallas, TX
first series will run Fun N Gun (empty set 5 wide)

Second series we will run A-11 offense TE Tackles on each side line with a WR or Back behind and Sims in Pistol with Derrick Henry at RB.

Third series we can run the stupid sweep.

Fourth series we can run the swinging gate.

Fifth series we can run the single wing.

Sixth series we can sneak up on them with a new rendition of the wishbone.

No coach in the country could stick all of this in with just a few days of practice. I am chuckling while I write this. Many of the fathers of the players that I coach (9 year old Pee Wee) give me advice similar to stuff listed above. Alabama just needs to run what the coaches believe this team is best at and manage the game to put the team in the best position to win. The players need to focus on their own respective responsibilities and hold their team mates accountable. Be positive and lift each other up. Together through Christ all things are possible!

Moro Creek

All-SEC
Jan 21, 2014
Equine country
Same starters as last week but I would make one change. Our defensive speed guys (Hand, Evans, etc.) would log a lot of minutes against this offense.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.