Gameplans against Texas A and M (Keep it Positive and clean)

graydogg85

1st Team
Feb 7, 2006
Huntsville, AL
Re: Gameplans against Texas A and M (Keep it Postive and clean)

Another thing to consider about TAMU's short, quick passes this week - our DL has gotten better about putting their hands up to knock down or tip passes. That could be a big factor this week.
Good observation. TAMU gets the ball out so quickly that in most cases it completely negates the pass rush, even if you're bringing extra guys. A lot of throws in that offense are practically delivered as soon as the snap hits the QB's hands.

This is a bit of a frightening prospect to me, because our coverage has been scattershot this season. It seems like 2-3 times a game we get beaten badly on crossing routes where somebody just loses track of a guy. Not sure if it's a communication issue or a scheme issue, because our zone coverages can get pretty exotic. I personally am hoping we opt for a lot of just straight man-to-man coverage on Saturday.

Nolan

Hall of Fame
Jul 4, 2006
Oahu

Pass rush and pass coverage are intertwined, really. Texas A&M is notorious for getting the ball out quickly but if our corners can jam their receivers and play them close in coverage that'll give our DL an extra second or two.

While Kenny Hill is extremely talented, he's no Johnny Football. IMO if we can pressure, disrupt, and cover well he will make mistakes.

I guess the question becomes, can our offense put up points?

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama

We have to dictate the pace of play. If we get into a track meet with them like last year it will not turn out good for us.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

Another thing to consider about TAMU's short, quick passes this week - our DL has gotten better about putting their hands up to knock down or tip passes. That could be a big factor this week.
I'm not one to boast or anything, but our guys did a great job at this yesterday.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.