Importance of the Texas A&M Game

deltatider

1st Team
Nov 29, 2005
I know that with us having 1 loss, every game from this point on is important. However, I think the A&M game is the most important game remaining on the schedule. With some of the injuries we have, I think this team is limping a bit and we cannot afford to suffer another loss before we get to the back third of our schedule. While Tennessee is a capable team, I think we can play some-what poorly and still beat them while not being 100%. I think they will have a lot of trouble dealing with both our O and D lines. However, I don't think the same is true with regards to A&M. While they have had some issues with drops and being consistent on offense, if that unit pulls it together for 1 game they are dangerous enough to beat anyone in the league. It will be a shootout, but they can win that type of game. That's what scares me about this weekend. If A&M's offense comes in and doesn't make mistakes, we will have our hands full. I'm not saying we will lose, but a win is not a gimme either. I think some of our fans have forgotten that we still have some players on our sidelines too. If we stop some of the stupid mistakes, we are a handful for other teams as well. With all that being said, it is of utmost importance for this team to get to the back end of the schedule without another loss. I think if we can get to the bye week, we get one of our key cogs back (R. Kelly) and hopefully that will lead to more consistency in the run game. Now I'm not saying that we will automatically win every game on the back end of our schedule (AU and MSU could certainly beat us even if we play well and I think LSU will give us their best shot) but I am saying that we should at least go into that game as healthy as we are going to be for the remainder of the season. Now I know our team takes a business like approach to most games, but I'd like to see a little fire from the boys this week. A little .... n vinegar and come out with our tails on fire. I haven't seen a game since the ND game in which we came out and just owned an opponent from start to finish and removed any doubt early on. In fact that game is the last complete game I think I've seen the Tide play. With all that being said, I'd love to see one of those performances this weekend.....love it! Now let's go pull for the Rebs to lose and see if this team can hot at the right time and make a run. Also, living in Houston I don't want to have to put up with any mess from the Aggies.....;) Roll Tide and for you guys that go to the game let's get Bryant-Denny rocking this weekend!!!!!!!!

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.