CFN Bama vs Aggies

trenda

Hall of Fame
May 17, 2000
Hendersonville, TN USA
The offense needs to sustain drives and score points. Special teams just need to be "game managers" and not give up big plays. As long as the D just bends but doesn't break, we'll be okay.

Roll Tide!

im4uainva

All-SEC
Jul 3, 2011
Charlottesville, Va
I'm sorry guys, but my confidence level has been damaged by the lack of consistency and in-game discipline I've observed over the past couple of games. These past two games have been nothing like I've come to expect from a CNS team and I am at sea when it comes to trying to form an opinion as to the possible outcome of this game with A&M. Don't get me wrong, Bama is my team no matter what they do, I'm unsure of my expectation that I will see a well coached Crimson & White team this Saturday. If the team I know Bama actually is shows up (minimal penalties and turnovers, solid defense, efficient offense) I feel confident that Bama should come away victorious. If the 'other' Bama shows up...my confidence is...well...I know they will snap out of it sooner or later, so we'll just have to endure a down period. But rest assured, Bama will get through this. Still my team.
Roll Tide!

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
My hope is that we've tightened down some bolts that have rattled loose over the last couple of weeks. We are still better than A&M. We just can't repeatedly shoot our feet off and expect to win.

FriscoKid

Suspended
Jul 15, 2014
Visitor from TexAgs. If you are worried about this game then I guess you haven't seen my Aggies play the past three weeks. If we play like that then you have this game easily. If our QB gets his stuff together and plays like he did against SC then we have a chance. Saban is going dare us to throw the long ball against your guys (likely a pretty good call if your defense like 2nd/3rd and 10. You are going to clog the middle of the field in coverage and make it hard to pass. But I totally disagree that you will be able to handle our freshman DE the way that you think. That guy is a beast.

sanjosecrimson

Hall of Fame
May 18, 2007
San Jose, California
Bama will need to get Sims into a rhythm with short to intermediate passes to loosen up the aggies defense, that will allow our running game to open up. I would like to see more bootlegs to TEs or Sims taking off on his own with QB keep. convert on 3rd downs, sustain drives to keep their high tempo Offense on the sidelines as well as to keep our defense fresh.
we MUST SCORE in the redzone, TDs would be great but FGs would be nice to give Griffith needed confidence.
we can not walk away without any points in the RZ!!
the way our front 4 has played in the last 2 games, I firmly believe they will be the difference in this game. If they can disrupt and put Hill on his backside without added pressure ( blitz or extra man), it will give us 7 to defend their passing attack.

Yeldon has had success against the aggies rush defense in the past, I expect him and Henry to be the hammer to soften the TAMU defense up for a big play action down the line.

this Alabama team has been away from home for a month, they will be ecstatic to be back at BDS in front of 100k plus fans and prove to the country that the Crimson Tide is not going anywhere soon!!

Al A Bama

Hall of Fame
Jun 24, 2011
I think it will be a high scoring game IF Alabama can put up some points.

I still think aTm will put up about 42. The question is how many points can the Crimson Tide put on the scoreboard.

Here's hoping we score every time we possess the ball. Those scores need to be TD's.

Here's hoping our Defense will shut down aTm's offense. We need several interceptions with those interceptions being pick-sixes. We must put mega-PRESSURE on Kenny Hill by our down linemen.

The winner just may be the last team to possess the ball.

sanjosecrimson

Hall of Fame
May 18, 2007
San Jose, California

I still think aTm will put up about 42. The question is how many points can the Crimson Tide put on the scoreboard.

Here's hoping we score every time we possess the ball. Those scores need to be TD's.

Here's hoping our Defense will shut down aTm's offense. We need several interceptions with those interceptions being pick-sixes. We must put mega-PRESSURE on Kenny Hill by our down linemen.

seriously, if the Bama defense gives up 42 points, I don't see how we win the game. TAMU score 31 on Miss St and 20 on OM. the last 2 TDs against OM was in garbage time.
our overall defense may not be as good as OM or MSU, but we ain't that bad either. our rush defense is better than both Miss schools. if TAMU is going to score, they will have to air it out. I know our secondary hasn't be good, but its isn't terrible either.

Last edited:

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama
P

If we cannot control the LOS and dictate the pace of play and it becomes a shoot out we lose.

4Q Basket Case

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Tuscaloosa
The Ags will score. So Blake Sims needs to have the credible threat of the intermediate to deep pass. He doesn't have to hit a great percentage of them, but it absolutely MUST be believable enough to limit them to 7 in the box.

Otherwise, we'll get what we got in the second half of the OM game and all of the Arkansas game. The DBs will cheat up, even if they're not in the box per se. That will make running exceedingly difficult, even against a normally-porous aTm defense (exhibit 1 for the point: see last week against the piggies), and place a premium on accurate short passes. Which is not Sims' strong suit.

We haven't even attempted a long pass since Florida before he got his shoulder hurt. I'm not at all convinced he's healthy yet.

Last edited:

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
seriously, if the Bama defense gives up 42 points, I don't see how we win the game. TAMU score 31 on Miss St and 20 on OM. the last 2 TDs against OM was in garbage time.
our overall defense may not be as good as OM or MSU, but we ain't that bad either. our rush defense is better than both Miss schools. if TAMU is going to score, they will have to air it out. I know our secondary hasn't be good, but its isn't terrible either
Ok with those points. What makes everyone have warm fuzzies that our pass defense is good enough to replicate the Magnolia State boys. I think some people have this over confidence that we have this world beater defense that will hold people under 500 yards and under 20 points against any offense that we face. Kenny Hill is no slouch qb and our defense has only had 3 interceptions thru 6 games with two of them being against florida and the other one was a do or die moment against a run oriented Arkansas team that still managed considerable success passing against our defense.

Now to the matter at hand...
Can we stop A&M on enough drives to give us a chance to win? Yes
Can Blake and the offense make a turnaround to give us chance to win? Yes
Can we shut down Kenny Hill? I really lean toward no. The reason is he will be more like Clint Tricket in making easy reads on wide open recievers, but unlike trickett he has far more reliable recievers that dont drop near as much balls that hit them in the chest.

Ive been going back and forth at the winner all week, and I think we will win late as my final prediction. I think people are over selling a defensive outing that stopped Arkansas's run game, and are forgetting that our kryptonite is any team that has a great passing game, and has been for the last two seasons. Ill eat crow if we somehow stop it, but I have this gut feeling that it will be a duel of 300 yard plus passing qbs. bama 38-34

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.