"Say something nice" threads

Al A Bama

Hall of Fame
Jun 24, 2011
Re: "say something nice" threads

I live in Texas, but "My Home's in Alabama, no matter where I lay my head".

The Houston area is so flat that it is monotonous! Add all those UGLY Billboards on every Interstate and it's depressing. College Station is just as bad and Bryan is worse!

I can't go to the Hill Country to see rolling hills because of those dad gum cedar trees. My allergies just can't take it. I'll bet Coach Bryant didn't know what he was doing when he went to Junction. I hope the cedars didn't seal his nasal passages like they do mine!

Well, I do like the winery that is in the Bryan area. That's the best I can do.

AgentAntiOrange

1st Team
Dec 30, 2009
Norman, OK

I was born in Texas..so something good happened there. ;)
An innocent comment that went to strange places in my head, lol.

It was nice of them to take Fran
there was some rope holdin' going on that day

This will never, ever, like Taylor Swift style seriously, NEVER EVER get old.

My nice thing about Texas...true story:

My wife and I were driving from Alabama back to Oklahoma and had decided to take the much longer I-10 route just for a change of scenery. Bright fella that I am and all, I decided to snake my way north east across the eastern half of Texas of county roads using the GPS on our phones. Well, apparently, much of eastern Texas doesn't have the greatest reception and by midnight we were just winging it at 75 MPH in the dark with virtually no road signs. Around 2am we needed gas and we found an open gas station in some random nowhere town. The parking lot was full of mostly young males and looked like a stereotypical scene from a movie about gangs. Lots of cars with hydraulics, tattoos, gold, rap music...the works. As we headed inside, both in our BAMA hoodies, a few guys struck up a conversation with us about football. Turned out to be some of the nicest young men you could meet. Lots of yes sir's and ma'ams, the door was held open for my wife. As we pulled out of there I told my wife, "I think that might've been God's way of reminding us to use our brains for thoughts that aren't stupid".

twofbyc

Hall of Fame
Oct 14, 2009

They don't like the shorthorns, so there's that. Met a few coeds at Galveston in the 80's, but the only good-looking ones hung out at The Press Box.

tidegrandpa

All-American

I've lived out here since '78. Austin, Dallas, Corpus. There's good and bad like everywhere else but generally good. The economy has always been good relative to anywhere in the country. That was my reason for moving out in the first place. But I will always be a Bama fan. And everyone in my neighborhood knows it. Went to College Station last year for our game. Unbelievably friendly tailgaters. Served ribeye's and pecan pie.
And they appreciate Alabama football.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
i actually made a road trip out to see the originally scheduled 88 game (hurricane bowl) and it was sunny and cloudless, but the game got cancelled. a long drive to party one night in houston and one night in dallas

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.