"Say something nice" threads

TexasBama

TideFans Legend
Jan 15, 2000
Houston, Texas USA
i actually made a road trip out to see the originally scheduled 88 game (hurricane bowl) and it was sunny and cloudless, but the game got cancelled. a long drive to party one night in houston and one night in dallas
I had moved to Houston a couple of months before that. We had boarded up and drove up to Huntsville and stayed at the Holiday Inn (at the time the storm size/track was ominous). That Friday morning, it was clear that Houston was out of danger. We went to the restaurant to get breakfast and it was full of Alabama State Troopers. As we checked out, the team managers were in the lobby and the equipment vans were in the parking lot. We learned the game was cancelled when we got home.

That Saturday they interviewed Jackie Sherrill from the pressbox at Kyle Field, with a blue sky as a backdrop. He was not happy.

WalkaboutSean

1st Team
Nov 23, 2010
i actually made a road trip out to see the originally scheduled 88 game (hurricane bowl) and it was sunny and cloudless, but the game got cancelled. a long drive to party one night in houston and one night in dallas
I can't remember the exact details, but it seems we were having QB issues at the time of the hurricane. Then when we played the rescheduled game a couple of months later, all the issues were sorted. We went out there and whipped 'em. LOL

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
I had moved to Houston a couple of months before that. We had boarded up and drove up to Huntsville and stayed at the Holiday Inn (at the time the storm size/track was ominous). That Friday morning, it was clear that Houston was out of danger. We went to the restaurant to get breakfast and it was full of Alabama State Troopers. As we checked out, the team managers were in the lobby and the equipment vans were in the parking lot. We learned the game was cancelled when we got home.

That Saturday they interviewed Jackie Sherrill from the pressbox at Kyle Field, with a blue sky as a backdrop. He was not happy.
we left alabama super early friday morning and learned about the cancellation when we got to our destination in houston friday night.

skipster63

All-SEC
Nov 5, 2010
Buchanan Dam
Incredible fan base. And my wife is an Aggie. Had I known they were going to join the SEC, I would have had to think about it a little more before proposing. No, that last comment is not in blue font.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
I can't remember the exact details, but it seems we were having QB issues at the time of the hurricane. Then when we played the rescheduled game a couple of months later, all the issues were sorted. We went out there and whipped 'em. LOL
i remember no football details of that season except the ole miss debacle at homecoming and that we actually beat the aggies in the reschedule.

Al A Bama

Hall of Fame
Jun 24, 2011
I was at the rescheduled game and enjoyed every minute of it even though I was seated (I mean STANDING for the entire game) in the Aggie Student section.

Those students sang something about farming. I really felt like an alien who had just landed on their planet, College Station.

TexasBama

TideFans Legend
Jan 15, 2000
Houston, Texas USA
I was at the rescheduled game and enjoyed every minute of it even though I was seated (I mean STANDING for the entire game) in the Aggie Student section.

Those students sang something about farming. I really felt like an alien who had just landed on their planet, College Station.
I watched to TV, but IIRC, it was rainy and cold

exiledNms

Hall of Fame
Aug 2, 2002
Hattiesburg, MS (USA)
I'm a pretty big fan of the Drs., nurses, techs, et al at M.D. Anderson Cancer in Houston, which is not very far from College Station. No exaggeration to state that I'm alive today because of them. Does that count? :biggrin2:

More on topic: exiled, jr. went out for last Saturday's Rebel mauling of the Aggies. He said it was fun, the folks were friendly, the Corps was great, & the band was too. And of course, from his perspective as an Ole Miss alum, the score was pretty great too. ;)

Aledinho

All-SEC
Feb 22, 2007
I thought the real point of contention was Bobby Humphrey was injured and Sherrill thought we were cancelling so that we could get Humphrey back for the rescheduled game.

bamachile

Hall of Fame
Jul 27, 2007
Oakdale, Louisiana
I'm a pretty big fan of the Drs., nurses, techs, et al at M.D. Anderson Cancer in Houston, which is not very far from College Station. No exaggeration to state that I'm alive today because of them. Does that count? :biggrin2:
M.D. Anderson is a credit to the medical profession, from those I've known who've dealt with them.

I remember when you announced your prognosis on TideFans. Glad you're still with us.

IH8Orange

Hall of Fame
Aug 14, 2000
Trussville, AL, USA
I think that it is nice of Bryan/College Station and Austin to sit between the Dallas metroplex and the Gulf of Mexico as a buffer so that landfalling hurricanes can dissipate their destructive energy before reaching anything important. :wink:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.