Hurricane Gonzalo

TrampLineman

Hall of Fame
Jul 21, 2010
Alabama
Anybody here ever traveled to Bermuda? I've heard word that Bermuda has reached out to our company about mutual assistance to help after they get slammed but the higher ups are telling me we all need passports and of course I don't have one. I know sometimes the government waives crap like that to help, but I'm just wondering what are the travel requirements for Bermuda? Of course I'm wanting in on this train so I'm wanting to make sure the higher ups are not fooling with me.

Can anyone help?

TrampLineman

Hall of Fame
Jul 21, 2010
Alabama
Yea I don't mind shelling out the cash to get it in 72 hours for sure. Now another company has called wanting us to come over but when we called the bosses from that company they were just as lost as we were on why the call even went out. I read if you were on a cruise ship all you needed was your ID, but I imagine Bermuda doesn't even have vehicles for us to get around in so they'd have to be shipped in anyways. Maybe that is the way they get us around it because none of my co-workers have passports either.

Who knows at this point. Most of us could have gotten our passports in by now but when they won't tell you anything you don't know whether to dish out the cash or not. This would probably be our first and last trip out of country so it would be the only reason for me to even get one. It's going to be nasty there for sure though, I imagine the whole island will be dark by Sunday.

TrampLineman

Hall of Fame
Jul 21, 2010
Alabama
No comment:biggrin:

Safe to say I'm going to be very mad if anyone from our companies step foot on that island and I'm not one of them.:wink:

TrampLineman

Hall of Fame
Jul 21, 2010
Alabama
Looks like Bermuda Electric is going to mainly just get help from the Caribbean utilities. Looks like I'm out either way, but don't think they will call on the U.S. at all but we will see.

TrampLineman

Hall of Fame
Jul 21, 2010
Alabama
Well they only had 27,000 out (think the island has 65k roughly?) so it wasn't as bad as they thought it would be so I didn't miss out at all. Thanks everybody for your answers and help! Looks like we won't do anything until winter storm wise.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
http://travel.state.gov/content/passports/english/passports/services/expedited.html

link above will tell you how to get an expedited passport, here in Atlanta you can get them in 72 hours if you are willing to shell out the $$$$ to do it
just wanted to bring back this post. i went in to the atlanta office last wednesday to get my passport renewed having to have it by today to leave on an international trip. i was pleasantly surprised by how quickly i was able to get the passport back (got it sent to me monday, and could have picked it up in person last friday).

i was expecting to get screwed (due to my mistake) as two weeks ago, i had sent my passport in via mail to get renewed, and the next day got cleared to travel and had to schedule a trip with no chance of getting the passport back in time (expedited via mail usually takes three weeks). luckily, they were able to divert everything in their system and process it in the atlanta office for me.

TrampLineman

Hall of Fame
Jul 21, 2010
Alabama
Thanks for everyones help. They never called us out, but I'm still going to get my passport soon just so I have it in case we need them in the future. I know back in the 90's one company I worked for (I was still in school at this point though) sent trucks to one of those Caribbean islands after a hurricane. Said the linemen there had never rubber gloved anything before (it's common here to work everything hot) while down there they killed power just to work on it.

I'll probably be going after the new year to get mine and just wait on it. I won't be in no rush to expedite with winter here.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.