Phil Steele Predicts a Big Bama Win Against TAMU

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Link

College football expert and magazine publisher Phil Steele was on ESPN's The Championship Drive and shared his thoughts and prediction on Alabama's upcoming game with Texas A&M.

"Coming into the year, I did not have Texas A&M ranked in my top 25 and after they beat South Carolina, I was one of the few people in the country who did not put Texas A&M in my top six of the teams for the national championship. I needed to see more out of them and one game is never going to tell me that a team is completely different than what I thought they were at the start of the year. Alabama, they were in a tough situation last week. They had just gone on the road, played a very good Mississippi team and now had to go back on the road again against an Arkansas team that was fresh off a bye and getting ready to play them. That's a tough situation. Arkansas is a pretty good football team. They handled Texas A&M. They really blew it at the end, but they could've easily have handled Texas A&M. Just escaping (Arkansas) with a win in that situation was probably good for Bama.

uaintn

All-American
Aug 2, 2000
franklin, tennessee, usa
It's a fair point. I think adding to our knowledge about Arie's health plus the really sloppy conditions the showing against Arky starts to be more explicable. Well, not the special teams. That cannot be explained.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
It's a fair point. I think adding to our knowledge about Arie's health plus the really sloppy conditions the showing against Arky starts to be more explicable. Well, not the special teams. That cannot be explained.
i have played on teams before where the funk gets contagious. something gets thrown off a bit, then all of a sudden, its like yakkety sax is playing in the background. (i have also been in situations where that has happened to an opposing team)

Last edited:

RobK

All-SEC
Aug 27, 2004
Holts Summit, MO
knodell.blog-city.com
I was at the Arkansas game and can tell you that the brightened up TV camera lenses really didn't do justice to the very wet, dark, cool-to-cold conditions that were really out of our team's element. Arkansas had the perfect storm for an upset. A week off to prepare, a chip on their shoulder after the A&M game and the desire to end their conference losing skid, and a sold out, hostile crowd for us in those conditions, plus the banged up Alabama team with shaky confidence. Yet we still won.

Snuffy Smith

All-American
Sep 12, 2012
Huntsville, AL
I was at the Arkansas game and can tell you that the brightened up TV camera lenses really didn't do justice to the very wet, dark, cool-to-cold conditions that were really out of our team's element. Arkansas had the perfect storm for an upset. A week off to prepare, a chip on their shoulder after the A&M game and the desire to end their conference losing skid, and a sold out, hostile crowd for us in those conditions, plus the banged up Alabama team with shaky confidence. Yet we still won.
I wasn't in Arkansas but it sounds a lot like a MS ST game in Tuscaloosa a few years ago when we almost stepped in it the same way.

bradley30

1st Team
Sep 9, 2009
Oxford, AL
I think maybe A&M has gotten to much credit for the Carolina win. Maybe Phil is right and we win big. Their defense isn't that good, so maybe a good game to jump start the offense again.

Also, did anyone hear what Sheridan predicted in F-Baum today? I missed it.

bamamc1

Hall of Fame
Oct 24, 2011
Haleyville, AL
I will take 15 14-13 games every year from here on out. Glad we hung in and got the win.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.