Blog: Latest Bama News 10/17/14

kyallie

FB Moderator
Staff member

SEC Headlines 10-17-2014-mrsec

1. Mississippi State coach Dan Mullen remembers his time at Florida. “I remember they wanted to fire Dan Mullen.”

2. Has the hot seat talk for Florida coach Will Muschamp died down? “It’s only gotten hotter.”
3. Florida running back Matt Jones on the Gators’ schedule: “We have next up Missouri, Georgia, Vanderbilt and South Carolina…They're all beatable teams.”
4. Georgia officials meet with NCAA staff over Todd Gurley autograph allegations. Gurley remains suspended indefinitely and won’t make trip to Arkansas.
5. How common is cash for autographs among SEC players? “I saw it all day every day, to be honest with you,” says former South Carolina quarterback Stephen Garcia.
6. What could have been. Ole Miss quarterback Bo Wallace wanted to play for Tennessee.
7. Hugh Freeze sees similarities between his Ole Miss Rebels and Tennessee. “The job that coach (Butch) Jones and his staff have done is really admirable."
8. Kentucky offensive lineman Max Godby on coach Mark Stoops: "He's a man I'd run through a burning house with. That's how much respect I have for the man."
9. Twitter post by Texas A&M sophomore offensive/defensive lineman Kimo Tipoti indicates he’s leaving the program.
10. Texas A&M coach Kevin Sumlin on the challenges facing his team: “We’re one of the only teams in the top 25 that’s playing eight weeks in a row.”
11. Alabama controls the ball almost eight minutes longer than its opponents – ranked second in the SEC in time of possession.
12. Why doesn’t Alabama’s Amari Cooper return kicks or punts?
13. Is LSU’s home-and-home series with Texas a model for the rest of the SEC?
14. LSU A.D. Joe Alleva: “This is going to be a great two-game series for both programs.”
15. Why Corey Grant’s opportunities at running back for Auburn have plummeted – received only 6.5 snaps last two games.
16. The Arkansas running game will be the best Georgia has faced all year.
17. South Carolina hasn’t had a kickoff return for a touchdown since September of 2002 – one of the longest streaks in the country.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.