CDC doled out $25M in bonuses while blaming cuts for Ebola outbreak

Bodhisattva

Hall of Fame
Aug 22, 2001
Ponte Vedra Beach, Florida
I regularly attend mandatory events where the PTBs praise each other and bestow honorifics and assorted awards in *********** fashion. Their accomplishments? Creating more paperwork and bureaucracy in the name of efficiency. So, it only makes sense that in a time of tight budgets they gift themselves more money than their salary limit.

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
It's the way to prosperity, for sure. Maybe I should hook up with Lois Lerner. She'd be a real catch.
She would enrich your life emotionally and intellectually. Don't you just know she enjoys snuggling up on the couch with a glass of wine on Saturday evening and watching a good comedy? She seems like a delightful personality.

GreatDanish

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2005
TN
It's the way to prosperity, for sure. Maybe I should hook up with Lois Lerner. She'd be a real catch.
I don't know. If things went south, she could eliminate you and would erase the evidence. She has expertise in that regard.

Tider@GW_Law

All-American
Sep 16, 2007
Sacramento, CA
Capitalism would imply the private sector. This is just good old fashioned bureaucracy, with a thin layer of politics to flavor it up a bit.

Not that private sector capitalists are bullet-proof, although I'm sure a certain Texas hospital wishes they were.
Not quite, I don't know exactly how their bonuses are doled out at CDC, but, if it's anything like NIH, then those bonuses are about the only thing keeping their more capable biosciences researchers and other MD/PhDs from going to the private sector. Bonuses are about the only way government employers can bridge the gap between the federally mandated salary schedule and private sector salaries. Regardless, I am highly doubtful that $25 mil could do much in terms of what's considered by this Congress and others to be "adequate" Ebola preparation.

On another note (not necessarily related to your post Bamachile), all the pretending that bureaucracy only exists and is only a problem in the public sector is laughable, especially when hospitals are part of the discussion. They are among the most bureaucratic organizations known to man, and religiously-affiliated hospitals might just be at or near the top on the theoretical bureaucracy scale.

cbi1972

Hall of Fame
Nov 8, 2005
Birmingham, AL
Not quite, I don't know exactly how their bonuses are doled out at CDC, but, if it's anything like NIH, then those bonuses are about the only thing keeping their more capable biosciences researchers and other MD/PhDs from going to the private sector. Bonuses are about the only way government employers can bridge the gap between the federally mandated salary schedule and private sector salaries. Regardless, I am highly doubtful that $25 mil could do much in terms of what's considered by this Congress and others to be "adequate" Ebola preparation.

On another note (not necessarily related to your post Bamachile), all the pretending that bureaucracy only exists and is only a problem in the public sector is laughable, especially when hospitals are part of the discussion. They are among the most bureaucratic organizations known to man, and religiously-affiliated hospitals might just be at or near the top on the theoretical bureaucracy scale.

We are in agreement.

Bodhisattva

Hall of Fame
Aug 22, 2001
Ponte Vedra Beach, Florida
Some personal experience on private sector and government bureacracies:

Private - My company would do recon on land, determine the target market, decide what type of houses to build, determine price and sales pace, decide on community amenities, contract to buy the land, deal with local governmental fees/regulations*, arrange financing, build water/sewer/roads, and begin home construction ......

..... in the time it takes ......

Government - buy six printers for our offices.

*often the most time consuming of the process

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.