****Bama vs. TAMU Pregame Thread****

Status
Not open for further replies.

BamaGreek

All-American
Jan 6, 2007
Brentwood, TN
Nothing like another Alabama game day! I hope I don't have to bite all my finger nails off today and instead just sit back and enjoy the game. RTR!

trenda

Hall of Fame
May 17, 2000
Hendersonville, TN USA
College Gameday just talked about the game, all three of them think Bama wins.

And they finished with a mention of Freitag. Thanks, Kurt, really appreciate the way you represent the University...
Yeah, noticed that. Extremely positive segment until that very last comment. What a way to end that . . .

trenda

Hall of Fame
May 17, 2000
Hendersonville, TN USA
Noticed on the Game Day segment that one of their D players commented that Bama is just old school on offense. Two tights, I formation and run the ball. Kirk was quick to point out that the 2014 Tide is just the opposite.

Makes you wonder what aTm has been game planning on defense. Have they not seen this year's offensive sets? If that's what they're planning for, this game could get ugly. Quickly.

For the Aggies sake, I hope that was just a brain fart on the player's part.

CoachJeff

Suspended
Jan 21, 2014
Shelby County Alabama
I hate to be a negative Nancy, but I believe this might turn out to be the worst loss at BDS in Saban's tenure.

Alabama's offense is ineffective, the special teams are absolutely atrocious, though defense has played well. However A&M does exactly what we are not good at defending which is the pass, and the only way they've been stopped the last two weeks is because they have lost the turnover battle, which is something Alabama has been as bad as I can remember under Saban. I sure hope I'm wrong, but I've got a bad feeling

Ldlane

Hall of Fame
Nov 26, 2002
Noticed on the Game Day segment that one of their D players commented that Bama is just old school on offense. Two tights, I formation and run the ball. Kirk was quick to point out that the 2014 Tide is just the opposite.

Makes you wonder what aTm has been game planning on defense. Have they not seen this year's offensive sets? If that's what they're planning for, this game could get ugly. Quickly.

For the Aggies sake, I hope that was just a brain fart on the player's part.
You know I was kind of hoping we didn't change the offense. I was hoping to see more of Defensive philosophy change and how we defend the HUNH.

Ldlane

Hall of Fame
Nov 26, 2002
I hate to be a negative Nancy, but I believe this might turn out to be the worst loss at BDS in Saban's tenure.

Alabama's offense is ineffective, the special teams are absolutely atrocious, though defense has played well. However A&M does exactly what we are not good at defending which is the pass, and the only way they've been stopped the last two weeks is because they have lost the turnover battle, which is something Alabama has been as bad as I can remember under Saban. I sure hope I'm wrong, but I've got a bad feeling
I know what you mean, but I think we are going to be able to run the ball today and from what I've seen TAMU can't defend the run at all.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA

I can't say that I'm quite as pessimistic as you are, but I am worried about this game...

2003TIDE

Hall of Fame
Jul 10, 2007
ATL
Code:
I can't say that I'm quite as pessimistic as you are, but I am worried about this game...
I'm very worried. This is a must win. If we manage to lose, I don't see how we stop this from snowballing into an 8-4 or 7-5 season.

tidefan39817

All-American
Jan 17, 2006
Bainbridge, Georgia
I think it depends on how the players come out mentally. The Freitag situation took a little attention away from the players and the outburst by coach took attention away from the players. If our boys come out loose and just play ball I think we win. It may be close and tense but I do have faith that they get it together.

Rush

All-American
Jul 5, 2011
Ontario, Canada
Flag is out on a cool, dreary day!

Dealing w the dreaded winterizing tasks which are a necessity up here...

Listening to the "Chester's Chicken Crimson Tide Tailgate Party" [Love that name!!!] on a live stream on the Crimson Tide Radio Network.

Trying to be positive about how the game will play out...

I'd be lying if I said that I have a great feeling about the match-up, but I'm buoyed by what I heard from CNS on Hey Coach Thursday eve, and by the fact that Herbie n Co. picked us this morning...

So RTR from Canada everyone!!!

And here's hopin for a great, injury-free game!!!

Where the Crimson Tide we know n love comes out to play like we know they can!!!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.