Quote of the week

TexasBama

TideFans Legend
Jan 15, 2000
Houston, Texas USA
Yesterday:

Verne-"One of the great traditions at A&M is when they score you kiss your date."
Gary - "We have a better chance of kissing than they do"

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
One of them said a key point in the game was when the Aggie defender dropped what would have been a pick six on our opening drive.

Good thing he dropped it. Otherwise, we only win 56-7.

Con

Hall of Fame
Dec 19, 2006
Northern Hemisphere
I heard that and had to laugh when he said it. Seeing a&am do that was one of the earliest memories of going to ball games. I couldn't figure out why they kissed when they scored against us. My mom couldn't tell me either.

Rush

All-American
Jul 5, 2011
Ontario, Canada
Yesterday:

Verne-"One of the great traditions at A&M is when they score you kiss your date."
Gary - "We have a better chance of kissing than they do"
Yes, once I recovered from the trauma caused by the image which Gary conjured up, I managed to laugh... :biggrin:

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama
Gary and Verne were struggling after we went up 52-0 to find anything to say to keep the viewing audience engaged in the game. I heard Gary say "maybe we could take some calls". That has to be tough when the game has been decided early and convincingly to keep anyone's interest unless it is your team that is doing the beat down.

Bama Torch in Pcola

Hall of Fame
Dec 18, 2002
When they are just having fun and riffing off each other they are actually pretty funny. Verne cracked a joke about Bama perhaps faking a punt late in the fourth so they could get 300 yards rushing.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.