Still no Kirby Smart Appreciation Thread yet this year? That's a Shame....

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
I hate to say this cause it's not fair towards Kirby & the outstanding job he's done here at Bama..No matter what Coach Smart may do or the defensive calls & adjustments he makes during the game, he'll never get the appreciation he deserves here at Bama..Cause as long as Coach Saban is at Bama & how "Hands On" he truly is with our Defense, the media & other fan-bases will claim this D is good cause Of Coach Saban & not for the contributions Coach Smart gives to this D..Cause I think our D is good cause of the calls & well timed blitzes Coach Smart calls in & he's just as much the reason why our D is as good as it's been since he's been our DC..I hate to say this..If he wants praise of how good of a DC he is, he's going to have to leave Bama, and have the same kinda success at another school as a DC..JMHO

CHATTBRIT

Hall of Fame
Dec 3, 2003
Falling Water, TN
Have to give kudos to the entire defensive coaching staff. Not only have they recruited incredible players, but they are coaching them up and putting them in places to succeed. I just love the way the D line is playing and how they are getting into the backfield and "affecting the QB play" (Sabanism). Yes, they are getting a much greater number of sacks than last year, but the QB hurries should also be counted. Let just about any QB sit back without pressure and they will do well. Have any QB secure in the knowledge they will either be sacked or hurried and that results in hurried throws that, in worse case, miss their target, or in best case get intercepted.

Thanks coaching staff. the D side of the ball continues to improve with each game.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.