Still no Kirby Smart Appreciation Thread yet this year? That's a Shame....

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
I was digging in the Search Box for a Kirby Smart Appreciation thread this year....can't find one.

Ha Ha, Sunseri, CJ, and how many others did we lose last year?
How many did we lose the year before that?
And the year before that?

The man earns every single dime he makes.

Thanks Coach -- we are so glad (at least the Cajun's house) you are STILL a part of the Bama family.

Gary Danielson says you are ready -- we'd prefer you hang out for a little while longer

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Agreed, and his move back to the secondary is starting to really pay dividends. Your DB play yesterday was outstanding!

Rush

All-American
Jul 5, 2011
Ontario, Canada
Great post / thread, Crimson...

The season thus far has been one which could cause better men than I to age prematurely, yet, overall, our defense has been beyond stout.

Salty, I believe, is one adjective I heard...

We love the understated way in which you continually build defenses which are the envy of the rest of the nation, CKS.

And, as Cajun says, we hope you make your home here for the foreseeable future.

And that what I had heard earlier in the season about your being perfectly happy in your current position is indeed the case...

dWarriors88

All-American
Jan 4, 2009
Tulsa, OK
I can't imagine how much longer we can hold into this magnificent coach. Perhaps he feels at home here in alabama with coach Saban. Maybe he doesn't want to be a head coach just yet, can't blame him if that's how he feels. It's gotta be hard to go from the gold standard, Alabama, to a step down program where he will need to rebuild wherever he goes. He wouldn't be able to get the same caliber talent either. Sure he may get one or two guys, but not the same talent that he has access to here at Alabama.

Maybe he knows that and wants to ride the proverbial gravy train all the way to the bank and keep racking up those wins? Alabama and Coach Saban have help make this man a millionare and set him up financially for life.

Last edited:

Al A Bama

Hall of Fame
Jun 24, 2011
I think he had something to do with this first statement in an article in the Bryan Texas Eagle written by a guy named Cessna.

"Texas A&M prides itself on quick starts, but the Aggies didn't get going until the bus pulled out of Bryant-Denny Stadium on Saturday."

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
I can't imagine how much longer we can hold into this magnificent coach. Perhaps he feels at home here in alabama with coach Saban. Maybe he doesn't want to be a head coach just yet, can't blame him if that's how he feels. It's gotta be hard to go from the gold standard, Alabama, to a step down program where he will need to rebuild wherever he goes. He wouldn't be able to get the same caliber talent either. Sure he may get one or two guys, but not the same talent that he has access to here at Alabama.

Maybe he knows that and wants to ride the proverbial gravy train all the way to the bank and keep racking up those wins? Alabama and Coach Saban have help make this man a millionare and set him up financially for life.
Some coaches prefer to coach, and stay out of the limelight -- and he really has a chance to do that here. I would love to see him stay in Crimson until he one day hangs it up -- he seems like a good man - with a great football mind....

Al A Bama

Hall of Fame
Jun 24, 2011
Some coaches prefer to coach, and stay out of the limelight -- and he really has a chance to do that here. I would love to see him stay in Crimson until he one day hangs it up -- he seems like a good man - with a great football mind....
I totally agree, but the Aggies may double his salary to become DC in College Station after what happened on Saturday. The Aggies are unhappy with their head coach and their DC.

dWarriors88

All-American
Jan 4, 2009
Tulsa, OK
I totally agree, but the Aggies may double his salary to become DC in College Station after what happened on Saturday. The Aggies are unhappy with their head coach and their DC.

Just saw this little number, A&M Coach Sumptin is tied for the 3rd highest paid head coach in CFB. Well Coach Saban and Coach Smart fed him his lunch yesterday.

WishIwasInBama

1st Team
Jul 17, 2005
Okinawa Japan
I still think he is waiting for either a particular school (Georgia) or a can’t turn down school. I refuse to believe he has not had multiple silent offers or feelers. I can’t see a team like UF going for another Coordinator much less one that specializes in defense after Muschamp is finally officially fired but other than that I can’t think of another A list kind of school that will be searching in the off season. I think it is pretty clear he does not want to go the Colorado Stateish route so I think he either likes just being a coordinator or is just waiting. You have to admit, it is pretty impressive to just hold out until the stars align in your favor. So many of us get tired of waiting and try to manually align them.

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS
I still think he is waiting for either a particular school (Georgia) or a can’t turn down school. I refuse to believe he has not had multiple silent offers or feelers. I can’t see a team like UF going for another Coordinator much less one that specializes in defense after Muschamp is finally officially fired but other than that I can’t think of another A list kind of school that will be searching in the off season. I think it is pretty clear he does not want to go the Colorado Stateish route so I think he either likes just being a coordinator or is just waiting. You have to admit, it is pretty impressive to just hold out until the stars align in your favor. So many of us get tired of waiting and try to manually align them.
Georgia offered him the DC job and he turned it down.

Padreruf

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2001
Charleston, South Carolina
Would UF go after another UGA grad who majors in D? I doubt it...but you never know. He may be one of those who is really comfortable where he is and until a HC job at a school like this comes along he is very content.

What's he making? 2 million? Most of us could be content on that with CNS taking all the heat.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.