When will the Atlanta Falcons finally fire their coach?

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
Blank needs to just pull the trigger. The Falcons have never been able to win on the road with Smith as coach. Part of it is Ryan as well but it is just painful to watch every week.
Julio Jones seems to be the only good thing with the Falcons.

gamersfuel

All-American
Jan 20, 2008
Auburn/near a cow pasture
Blank needs to just pull the trigger. The Falcons have never been able to win on the road with Smith as coach. Part of it is Ryan as well but it is just painful to watch every week.
Julio Jones seems to be the only good thing with the Falcons.

i agree. i never really liked him though. and the front office continues to make awful draft decisions.. they did get Matthews this year though. I think Ryan is a good QB but he's never had an offensive line to protect him or a running game..

BamaHoosier

All-American
Jan 17, 2011
Noblesville Indiana
The state of Georgia just seems to be content settling for mediocrity. The Falcons are a lot like the bulldogs. Every year is supposed to be their year, and when they aren't any better there is always an excuse as to why they aren't. They both have a coach who doesnt really do a whole lot, but he never seems to do enough to get fired either. The Falcons just can't seem to get over the hump, and that's a shame when you think about how potent that offense has been over the past few years. Hopefully they can get it figured, but they've lost a lot of weapons with Gonzalez retiring, and White and Jackson getting on up there in years.

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
I believe that all of their wins are against other teams in their horrid division.

A few years ago the Raiders swept their division games but finished 6-10. Unfortunately for them, the rest of their division was not as bad as the NFC South is this year.

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
The time management by The Falcons the last 2mins of the game was downright ridiculous & cost them the game..Why not run the clock down running the ball & make a FG to win the game..Smith will be gone & will be interesting to see who Blank's goes after to replace Smith..

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
The time management by The Falcons the last 2mins of the game was downright ridiculous & cost them the game..Why not run the clock down running the ball & make a FG to win the game..Smith will be gone & will be interesting to see who Blank's goes after to replace Smith..
still in first place in the worst division in the NFL this year. The Falcons need to start losing more for Blank to finally fire him. I remember when Smith was hired. My initial reaction was...who?

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
I keep hearing Rex Ryan's name for the new coach. Really? They are going to fire one coach who cannot win and possibly hire a new coach that was recently fired from another organization because he couldn't win.

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
I keep hearing Rex Ryan's name for the new coach. Really? They are going to fire one coach who cannot win and possibly hire a new coach that was recently fired from another organization because he couldn't win.
In Rex Ryan's defense, he hasn't had the support of the GM the past two years. I think I recall Rex going to 2 straight AFC championship games so he can coach. Rex was put in an impossible situation this year by his GM not spending hardly any of the salary cap they had available. I don't think Rex wanted Geno Smith either, that was the call of the GM, Idzik, who is about to get fired also..

gamersfuel

All-American
Jan 20, 2008
Auburn/near a cow pasture
i've heard his name as well. do not want.. i've also heard Josh McDaniels of the Patriots. hope not cause he was awful as a head coach. I dont know where to go with a new hire. cant afford to strike out again.

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
i've heard his name as well. do not want.. i've also heard Josh McDaniels of the Patriots. hope not cause he was awful as a head coach. I dont know where to go with a new hire. cant afford to strike out again.
the NFL seems to do the same thing over and over again. coaches who fail seem to get rehired elsewhere and they fail again and then get rehired somewhere else.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.