Question: Who visited Hoops on the Quad?

BamaHoosier

All-American
Jan 17, 2011
Noblesville Indiana
I was there, and there wasn't really much to tell. They set up an elevated, firm surface on the quad with two outdoor hoops and a rubber tile court. You could tell the coaching staff told the players not to do anything to get hurt, so it's difficult to say anything about the quality of the team.There was no defense played, and no one sprinted. they always either jogged down the court to either jack a 3 or try a monster dunk or alley oop.

There seemed to be no post game, and a lot of our rebounds came from our back court. I think we'll still struggle with the lack of a big man. We also missed a lot of open 3's. With that said, shooting outside messes with your depth perception pretty easily when you play indoors all the time as these guys do.

The positives are that we have a bunch of athletic freaks who will still be able to get up and down the court with anyone in the country. Plus our defense should be as good as it always is under Grant.

The one player who really stood out to me is Retin Obasahan. He can straight jump out of the gym, he was constantly in the mix for rebounds with guys much bigger than he was, and he was distributing the ball well. I think he will be a more than adequate replacement for Releford.

Not a lot that could be told by the event, but it was still fun to watch.

Last edited:

wsims74

3rd Team
Apr 30, 2013
That is what it is supposed to be, something fun to watch...

I heard josh langford was there as well.. FYI

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.