WVU students not content with just burning furniture this week

skipster63

All-SEC
Nov 5, 2010
Buchanan Dam
After the LSU game a year or two ago, a friend of mine witnessed a mob beating up one LSU fan and the guys pregnant wife had to jump on hum trying to save him from being beaten to death. If you ever visit there, better watch your back.

uaintn

All-American
Aug 2, 2000
franklin, tennessee, usa
Trying to link a couple of things together, this is exactly why fans should not be allowed on to the field, like in Oxford. You just never know when a few boneheads are going to turn things seriously ugly. I've been in a couple of these situations and it is amazing how quickly a happy celebration + some alcohol + some random odd event can turn into something that has sensible people looking for a place to hide.

tattooguy21

Suspended
Aug 14, 2012
Man.....couch burning up there had been going on for at least 20 years...being from va I'd go to the tech vs wv games and afterwards ask why they burn the couches. The answer I usually got was "why not?" I then and now think it's pretty hilarious and as long as someone isn't getting hurt and said couch is being burned as..."safely" as possible then burn it down

Padreruf

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2001
Charleston, South Carolina
If you want to see where we are headed as a society, read : How Soccer Explains the World: An Unlikely Theory of Globalization, by Franklin Foer. It is about how soccer fans are violent and the clubs are corrupt -- indications of their society.

It was recommended to me by a former Athletic Director...it is not pretty.

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
While we make fun of people throwing toilet paper in trees, at least it is a minimal expense for a couple rolls of toilet paper. Why would you take your couch and burn it? Where do they get all these couches and where do they sit?

Bodhisattva

Hall of Fame
Aug 22, 2001
Ponte Vedra Beach, Florida
While we make fun of people throwing toilet paper in trees, at least it is a minimal expense for a couple rolls of toilet paper. Why would you take your couch and burn it? Where do they get all these couches and where do they sit?
You ever put old furniture out on the curb one day and by the next morning it's gone? It's due to roving bands of West Virginians.

Last edited:

78Alum

All-American
Aug 1, 2007
Alabaster, AL
Unbelievable. I never understood why fans of some teams riot because their teams win...and because you beat Baylor? Give me a break...

ValuJet

Sep 28, 2000
When I lived in that part of the country 20 something years ago, there was a town named War, West Virginia forty miles or so from where I lived. One of those WV coal mining towns that there's one way in and one way out. Keeping in mind that this area is known for its share of snake-handling church congregations.

One of our sales reps refused to go through there on Oct. 31. She said she'd been there the prior year on Halloween and half the town's men had gone crazy because word had gotten out that demons were set to take over the town. Telephone poles were cut down with chainsaws and many light bulbs were shot out. Probably wasn't safe for folks to dress up their kids as li'l monsters, I am guessing.

It's one of those "it is what it is" situations and as soon as I got an offer from a recruiter to relocate , I did. So I can believe the behavior of the WV students has likely been rehearsed before in some fashion.

CB4

Hall of Fame
Aug 8, 2011
Birmingham, AL
When I lived in that part of the country 20 something years ago, there was a town named War, West Virginia forty miles or so from where I lived. One of those WV coal mining towns that there's one way in and one way out. Keeping in mind that this area is known for its share of snake-handling church congregations.

One of our sales reps refused to go through there on Oct. 31. She said she'd been there the prior year on Halloween and half the town's men had gone crazy because word had gotten out that demons were set to take over the town. Telephone poles were cut down with chainsaws and many light bulbs were shot out. Probably wasn't safe for folks to dress up their kids as li'l monsters, I am guessing.

It's one of those "it is what it is" situations and as soon as I got an offer from a recruiter to relocate , I did. So I can believe the behavior of the WV students has likely been rehearsed before in some fashion.
As my late father use to say "So far back in the sticks that they pumping in sunshine and the United Methodist are have snake handling services." LOL

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.