Thanks for Tidefans Board

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
I appreciate th kind words gtown & just love Bama Football like you all do..We're lucky to have a great site like TideFans to have an on-line "Watering Hole" for us Bama Fans that quenches our thirst for Bama Football, without having to deal, with all the Bama Haters like on other Bama Boards,,..
Tideman09 I always enjoy your posts and your positive attitude. I'm sure most of us have no idea what you have to go through for your health. You remind us all that we love our Crimson Tide Football and this is the best site to discuss all things Alabama.
I'm praying for you brother and hope you get your health back.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Tideman09 I always enjoy your posts and your positive attitude. I'm sure most of us have no idea what you have to go through for your health. You remind us all that we love our Crimson Tide Football and this is the best site to discuss all things Alabama.
I'm praying for you brother and hope you get your health back.
I do know something of the hardships '09 had endured. He's a tough guy...

bama2112

All-American
Nov 19, 2006
Cobb County, Ga.
I had a couple of vacations during Frannie and Dubose. only a day or so but I did deserve it..... See now I am all educated. Not refined or aged though,

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
I appreciate it Earle & you guys have always been here with encouraging words dealing with my heart troubles..And gtowntide I don't mind telling y'all about it cause most already know what I've went through..For the last 9yrs I've suffered from "Heart Failure" & Had open heart surgery 3yrs ago..And have a couple other issues..At one time I was a high priority for a heart transplant when my heart out-put was down to I wanna say 21%, that may be a percentage or two wrong, cause it's been a few years since it was that low..And then my heart rhythm at times would just stop, so my heart doctor here in Anniston, gave me a defibrillator implant, and that has increased my heart out-put to around 33-35%, and once that happened, it took me way down the heart transplant list at UAB..The way the doctors at UAB explained it to me about the priority list, is you have to have multiple organ failure & literally on your deathbed, once the heart out-put is up at a certain %, it knocks ya back up the transplant list..

Long Story short..I've all but given up on a heart transplant, cause while I do have kidney & liver failure as well, it's no where near bad enough, that would allow me to get a heart transplant(one Doctor at UAB joked & said become Vice President of the US & I'd get a new heart for sure..LOL) & I'm good with that..I've lived longer than they told me I would & thankful for that..This ole boy has a couple daughters I will walk down the isle when it's that time & I have to stick around to see how the Saban Era at Bama ends anyways..I'm not going out or down without a fight..
I do know something of the hardships '09 had endured. He's a tough guy...

Last edited:

Padreruf

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2001
Charleston, South Carolina
Tideman09,
You are much better off with your own organs functioning at those levels. I have walked the transplant path with several people and it is a tough road with the anti rejection meds and their side effects. It is truly a "last resort." Glad you are doing well...

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
I appreciate the info Bro & yes I plan on keeping my own organs as long as I'm at this level..I wanna leave this world with the goods I was born with..I mean I don't have a lot of energy, basically zero to be exact, my heart according to the Docs at the Kirklain Clinic, says that my heart is still twice as large as it should be, but, it has shrunk back down some(since I received the defib implant), cause at one time they said it was like 3 times larger than it should be & that was when they were all freaking the heck out & wanting to do the transplant..And my heart muscle will always be extremely weak as well..As long as I can do what I can with the defib implant, which isn't a whole heck of a lot, for example, by the time I go shopping & walking around at Wal Mart, I literally feel like I've just ran the Boston Marathon out of breath & just feel like a fresh pile of steaming dog poop..As you stated though..

I'd much rather deal with it this way, and deal with things as they come along, a couple years Dr Patterson at UAB found a renal aneurysm & had to put in a stent, he said it was very rare & in the process I almost lost that kidney, he was on the brink of just removing it he said, he saved it though, but, it's functioning at 38% while the other is still fine though..I have to go back in November back to Dr Patterson at UAB, cause he said I had another aneurysm going into my liver & he's going to prolly going to go ahead & put a stent into it as well..Between the stents & the defib implant, I literally feel like the "Bionic Man", and with all the operations from the open heart & when I had contracted a really bad staph infection, that had vegetated onto the defib implant, and they couldn't completely rid me of the staph infection, without laser cutting out the defib implant, and replacing it to the other side of my chest with a new implant..

With all these surgeries I've dealt with, I kid y'all not, my chest looks as if I got into a knife fight with Chuck Norris & lost in a really really bad way..It does get depressing at times..I haven't reached 40 yet & I've been told my heart is as strong as a man in his 80's, and I honest to God feel like an 80yr old at times..Between fighting to stay alive to raise my girl, the companionship here on TideFans, and chatting with all you good folks about Bama Football..That's why i say I truly appreciate TideFans, and all you guys n gals, I love you all like my family & I truly appreciate you guys n gals more than y'all can ever imagine..
Tideman09,
You are much better off with your own organs functioning at those levels. I have walked the transplant path with several people and it is a tough road with the anti rejection meds and their side effects. It is truly a "last resort." Glad you are doing well...

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.