JessN: Tennessee preview: Vols still struggling, but look to give Alabama a fight

JessN

Administrator & Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Tennessee preview: Vols still struggling, but look to give Alabama a fight
by Jess Nicholas
TideFans Editor-In-Chief
October 19th, 2014 10:51 PM

. By Jess Nicholas TideFans.com Editor-In-Chief Oct. 19, 2014 During Alabama’s 2009 title run, the Crimson Tide hosted an outmanned, outgunned and thoroughly mediocre Tennessee Volunteer team for what most people expected to be a blowout win. Four quarters later, Alabama had to rely on two blocked field goals from Terrence Cody in order to […]

Read More Here

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
I do think this one will be close for a while, and if we slip back to our mistakes on the road, it will be close until the end.

I'm really looking forward to finding out if we can maintain the focus, intensity, and looseness that we displayed against A&M.

CaliforniaTide

All-American
Aug 9, 2006
Huntsville, AL
I do wonder if UT might be a little down emotionally since they've lost some big games this season. A&M was kind of the same way going into Saturday's game as well. Not saying we will win 59-0, but the emotional impact on both teams will be interesting.

dvldog

Hall of Fame
Sep 20, 2005
Virginia
I do wonder if UT might be a little down emotionally since they've lost some big games this season. A&M was kind of the same way going into Saturday's game as well. Not saying we will win 59-0, but the emotional impact on both teams will be interesting.
Similar to what happened to Arky this past weekend re: the dogs.

Born2Roll

3rd Team
Oct 8, 2004
Tallahassee, FL
Thanks, Jess! Tennessee reminds me a lot of Florida; pretty good D with a not so good offense. The only way this one is close is if we turn the ball over and give them a short field. Otherwise, I can't see them putting up more than two TDs against our defense. I like BAMA to pull away late, 34-10.

bamacon

Hall of Fame
Apr 11, 2008
College Football's Mecca, Tuscaloosa
Depth & Experience. UT lacks both which is a NO NO against teams from the West. This will be close until they get tired. If AL plays anything like they did Sat. it will get ugly very very quickly. I suspect thought that the nerves will return a bit and UT will be super jacked as will the crowd. Eventually their problems will overwhelm them. 27-10. Could be 35-13 too. Doubt much closer.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Our DL continues to improve. They can get sacks this week. UT's OL has allowed 30 already this season.

Utah State and Arky State each had 2
Oklahoma had 5
UGA had 3
Florida had 6
Chattanooga had 5
Ole Miss had 7

Do that, and Worley's pass game will be horrible.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.