Rod Gilmore's Top Ten--ESPN Power Rankings

Padreruf

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2001
Charleston, South Carolina
Remember -- each of these "commentators" makes a living by their publicity. If they are not controversial in some way then no one pays any attention to them. Finebaum built this into an incredible career...

RG's audience is the West Coast...so he plays to them. DK's is the state of Florida -- so he plays to them.

It will all come out in the wash....beach was beautiful today...and I mean beautiful! RTR!

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
It doesn't matter but this guy is about out of touch.

1.FSU
2.Mississippi State
3.Michigan State
4.Oregon
5.Auburn
6.Kansas State
7.Ole Miss
8.Notre Dame
9.Georgia
10.Bama
I think people are giving FSU the same treatment that they were giving us all last year that until they are beaten then they deserve the #1 spot, and Im fine with that as long as you accurately analyze how they play which it is apparent that Winston is there team. So if they are number 1 then that is somewht understandable. but Michigan st, UGA, and Oregon should not sniff a top 5 spot with who they lost to and their schedule. Ole Miss at number 7.... is this person smoking crack? KSU is fine where he has them, and Bama at number 10 I just chalk that up as bias.

TideMom2Boys

Hall of Fame
Nov 17, 2010
Alabama
It is like ESPN picks a few guys and brings them into a room. They tell them that they are going to be the controversial guys this season.

Those guys are Rod Gilmore, Danny Kannell and Joey Galloway.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
Danny Kanell also has us tenth.
Believe it or not, Cowherd has us at number three.
I honestly beleive Cowherd just likes to get under the Finebaum natives skin. He is a shock jock like Finebaum and Rome, and he has to say something to boost rating. And to be honest Cowherd and Bayless will actually go back and give us some props wheras Kannel will be Jesse Palmer 2.0 and stick with their obnoxious predictions and rants.

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA
The thing that bothers me are the arbitrary reasons for elevating a team. I heard several today say that Oregon should be in the top 4 because they have their left tackle back from injury. Not one has mentioned the obvious impact of losing Ryan Kelly early in the Ole Miss game. Haven't heard anyone mention that Bama has lost their most critical Olineman, most versatile offensive player, one of their most dynamic defensive players. This is the most beat up Bama team this early in the season I have seen in years.

CB4

Hall of Fame
Aug 8, 2011
Birmingham, AL
Waiting for ESPN to come with a Saturday morning college football show called "NCAA Football Tool Time sponsored by The Home Depot". Resident "Tools" for the show would be Danny Kannell and Rod Gilmore-Girls. Special guest "Tool" could be Jimbo Fisher.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.