2014 NCAA Playoff-Can they keep Alabama out now?

mittman

All-American
Jun 19, 2009
Correct me if I'm wrong everybody, but I think Ole Miss will have to lose 2.
IIRC three teams with 1 loss would put it to the rankings if the tie breakers do not break the ties. IF Alabama beats Mississippi State then they turn around and beat Ole Miss in the Egg Bowl then you have the scenario.

Like BiB is saying there is a lot of conjecture on incomplete information, but I personally think it is kind of fun to try to figure out.

I am not so sure that the reason the media really wanted this was to give them an unending supply of scenarios to discuss. They have a ton of time to fill and it does it for them. Then they have plenty of "second guess" material to talk about when the selection is made. Then they have plenty of post game conjecture to discuss when someone gets curb stomped about what the jilted team would have done.

Rama Jama

All-American
Jan 4, 2011
Tuscaloosa
Bama has to not just win out, but do it convincingly. Do we really want to leave the decision to a bunch of eggheads with slide rules? The only sure path is for Ole Miss to lose to Miss State( or 2 times) which should put us in Atlanta and assuming we win the SECCG, we are in.

There is long way to go yet and we need to take care of the 5 remaining teams to have a chance. Remember the whole reason this 4 team playoff was created was to keep 2 teams from the same conference out of the national championship game so I think the committee will do everything in their power to be inclusive with lesser teams with an emphasis on conference champions. I don't think we necessarily get the best 4 teams in the playoff.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.