Saban's weekly presser is at noon.

Game is Saturday at 6:30 and on ESPN2.

Last edited:

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Bama related comments from the UT presser:

Butch: Bama looked as inspired as I’ve seen in a long time against Texas A&M. That team looked great. It really did.
Butch: Amari Cooper is one of the best players in college football. There’s nothing he can’t do.
Jones on Alabama and Lane Kiffin's return: The game means everything to our players because it's Alabama, not Lane Kiffin.
Jones on Alabama's offensive line: They're big, and they're talented. They've played a lot of good opponents.

#Vols’ Soph CB Cam Sutton: I'm excited to go into any challenge. I was excited to face Treadwell, and I'm excited to face Cooper.
#Vols Soph D-end Corey Vereen on Bama film: They looked big and strong. That's what I expected. They're good.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Saban: When you look at things closely, you always find things we can improve on.
Saban: "It's time to turn the page to this last game and turn our attention to Tennessee."
Saban: Ryan Kelly will be back this week. Austin Shephard limited for day or two.
Saban calls Alabama-Tennessee “one of the great rivalry games in college football.”
Saban: Tennessee has a "much improved" team, said they could be 5-2 right now, but had close losses to UF and UGA.
First question is about Lane Kiffin: "It's only a distraction if you allow it to be a distraction."
Saban said Kiffin's return "doesn't really mean anything to us." Said the game and the team are the important things.
Saban said LB Reggie Ragland is a "big, fast, physical guy" and his improvement has helped the entire defense.
Saban: "There were slight changes on offense, but mainly it was about execution."
Saban gets a third question about the Texas A&M game and says he wants to talk about the Tennessee game.
Saban: "The last game is over. We need to move on and build on the positive energy we have now."
Saban: "Tennessee has a lot of explosive players on offense and are capable of moving the ball. We have to affect the QB."
Saban asked if negative attention on player coach can increase level of play: "I have no idea, really."
Saban: When I went back to Baton Rouge it was very negative. I was hung in effigy, burned at the stake.
Saban said the secondary is improving & playing better. Said getting guys like Eddie Jackson & Jarrick Williams healthy has helped the group
Saban: "Butch Jones is coaching his philosophy, and the players are responding to it. We have a ton of respect for what him."
Saban: "Focus and execution has to improve on the road. We need better energy level."
Saban: Can't be affected by external factors when playing on the road.
Saban: "It's important we have great preparation this week."
Saban: "Hopefully, our team will choose to use this positive energy to focus more in practice."
Saban said Jarrick Williams a guy who's played a lot of football around here & his experience helps him be in the right position.

Last edited:

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Blake Sims speaking:

Sims: there's not much for us to change. We just have to keep the same attitude and learn from our mistakes
Sims: I think I've improved in a lot of ways. A lot of things come to me easier now and I'm getting the ball out of my hands a lot faster
Sims: practice goes really well so when it comes to the games it's just second nature for us
Sims: the loss at ole miss was definitely the hardest moment of the year for me. I want to make sure we don't have that feeling again
Sims: I try to look forward and keep the team looking forward because you're only as good as your last play
Sims: I block everything that's said on the outside out
Sims on if we'll see more read option: hopefully
Sims: (the criticism) makes me want to work even harder. It fuels everyone
Sims: Bozeman did a really good job (at center) while Ryan (Kelly) was out
Sims on what he remembers of kiffin as a recruiter at UT: (I thought) this guys crazy. But you can see that this guys a winner
Sims: I'm excited to play on the road and show we can take what we do at home and put it on the road

Last edited:

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Nick Perry: "We wanted to go out and show the world we can stop spread offenses. I think we did that [against Texas A&M]"

LB Reggie Ragland said Reuben Foster is doing well and has been getting treatment for his shoulder.

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
UA coaching staff players of the week for TAMU:

Offense:
Kouandjio
Yeldon

Defense:
Anderson
Ragland

Special Teams:
Foster
Lee

Saban's weekly presser is at noon.

Game is Saturday at 6:30 and on ESPN2.
Glad to see Arie get a POW. OLman plying well is a good sign, especially one of the guards.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
From practice:

LB Reuben Foster wore a brace on his right shoulder. Trey DePriest to Foster: "You got hurt by a QB. Don't talk to me."
As expected, C Ryan Kelly back with first unit today, no Arie Kouandjio though. Alphonse Taylor at LG

Last edited:

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Nick Saban: When you play in these types of games it's more about the rivalry than the records.
Saban: "We've had a good work week so far. Games like this are more about rivalry than about records of the teams."
Saban on Tennessee-Alabama rivalry: "The game means a lot to a lot of people."
Saban: "Down the road, everyone will ask what was your record against Tennessee."
Saban: "If what you have is different from what you want, change what you do."
Saban: "No new injuries."
Saban says C Ryan Kelly has practiced all week, RT Austin Shepherd practiced today.
Saban: "It did not surprise me that Arie Kouandjio overcame major injuries from early in his career. He is a high character person."
Saban: "Blake Sims has done a good job taking what the defense gives him. When he starts to force things he struggles."
Saban's analogy today: If you bring ball up court in bball knowing you want to shoot it, you won't be as good as if you just run the offense
Saban: "We miss Denzel Devall, but Ryan Anderson and Tim Williams have been productive for us."
Saban on increased pass rush: We have more diverse players in terms of what they can do. We have more experience.
Saban: "We have more diversity of types of players and more experience up front." (On increased pass rush on defense)
Saban: Depth on the offensive line was important for us. Good thing for younger players to continue to develop.
Saban: "Grant Hill played really well coming off the bench. Bradley Bozeman has played well at center. Depth at OL was a concern for us."
Saban: "I look at how explosive a player can be vs how often they show it. That shows me how hard you're going in practice and games."
Saban: "We try to monitor how much a guy plays in order to keep them fresh and/or healthy, especially with bigger guys.
Asked Saban a question about O-linemen and his 2-minute answer included talk about DBs and running a 40-yard dash. It was a good answer.

Last edited:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.