Does LSU play the spoiler vs. Ole Miss?

Blindside13

All-SEC
Oct 22, 2011
Near the Barn
Ole Miss is the better team and I can think of several reasons to pick them to win. Having said that I think they are prime to be upset. Tigers win with a late field goal.

ALA2262

All-American
Aug 4, 2007
Cumming, GA
LSU's defense has been vulnerable this season to a strong inside running game, which Ole Miss does not possess. In fact, Ole Miss is near the bottom of the league in rushing offense. Plus, the game will be played at night in Baton Rouge, where the Whos seldom lose. That said, LSU has been anywhere from mediocre to just plain bad on offense, and Ole Miss has perhaps the best defense in the conference. I look for this to be a low-scoring affair, and I just doubt that LSU can score enough points to win unless Ole Miss is particularly charitable with the football. I think the Rebs win somewhere in the neighborhood of 20-10.
IOW, LSU can't win the game, but Ole Miss could lose the game.

mdb-tpet

All-SEC
Sep 2, 2004
What do y'all think the talent level is between the two teams. Of course for many years, LSU has been far superior, but has Ole Miss come that far? Or is the main difference experience? Or QB play?

pyro

Suspended
Nov 9, 2004
Winchester TN
It's absolutely possible, LSU came dangerously close to a come from behind win against MSU in the 4th quarter. LSU is one of those teams that can score 28 points in like 2 minutes...

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
What do y'all think the talent level is between the two teams. Of course for many years, LSU has been far superior, but has Ole Miss come that far? Or is the main difference experience? Or QB play?
This is an excellent question. Has CHF closed the talent gap so much with both LSU and us? I`d hazard a guess that their first 11 on D, obviously, may be top 2 or 3 in the country due to recent recruiting. If you got them into a position where they had to depend on depth (injuries, etc.), I have serious doubts that they could keep up.

ALA2262

All-American
Aug 4, 2007
Cumming, GA
No, but Ole Miss could. Much like Bama, the team most likely to beat Ole Miss is Ole Miss themselves. Bo has been excellent at that in the past. Time for him to do it again. Leonard's loser: Ole Miss.

rangertau

BamaNation Citizen
Jan 29, 2000
Fairfax, VA
LSU came very close to losing to Florida if it wasn't for Driskle being Driskle. that would have been their 3rd loss for the year.
if they lose to OM this Saturday, they could easily be a 4 loss team before meeting Alabama. this game will determine LSU season and where Les Miles stands with the corndog faithful. I know we need OM to lose, but I wouldn't be disappointed if LSU were to lose either.
Nice!

hotwillz33

BamaNation Citizen
Nov 7, 2012
I honestly believe LSU can and will beat Ole Miss....I believe the biggest test for a fast but light defense is a physical running game. We were able to move the ball on the ground but have lacked a true bruising runner since Eddie Lacey and LSU has a stable of them. It will be interesting to see how they handle those backs with a full head of steam running down hill. LSU just has to maintain the turnover battle, if they are successful in that then its any bodies game in Death Valley. I just don't believe in Bo Wallace and their offense, you can't win in the SEC being truly one dimensional.

LSU 21 Ole Miss 17

ALA2262

All-American
Aug 4, 2007
Cumming, GA
Nailed it! :biggrin:

October 21st, 2014, 08:45 AM
ALA2262

BamaNation All-AmericanJoin DateAug 2007LocationCumming, GAPosts2,668Post Thanks / Like

Re: Does LSU play the spoiler vs. Ole Miss?

No, but Ole Miss could. Much like Bama, the team most likely to beat Ole Miss is Ole Miss themselves. Bo has been excellent at that in the past. Time for him to do it again. Leonard's loser: Ole Miss.​

BamaJackPA

Aug 4, 2014
I honestly believe LSU can and will beat Ole Miss....I believe the biggest test for a fast but light defense is a physical running game. We were able to move the ball on the ground but have lacked a true bruising runner since Eddie Lacey and LSU has a stable of them. It will be interesting to see how they handle those backs with a full head of steam running down hill. LSU just has to maintain the turnover battle, if they are successful in that then its any bodies game in Death Valley. I just don't believe in Bo Wallace and their offense, you can't win in the SEC being truly one dimensional.

LSU 21 Ole Miss 17
Well... LSU pushed their D, committed 4 turnovers and still came away with the W. Bobo seemed pretty peeved. Left the field before the final gun. Poor Bobo.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.