Does LSU play the spoiler vs. Ole Miss?

Mystical

All-American
Sep 28, 2009
Fairhope, Alabama
They lost a lot of talent to the NFL but their young guys should be about ready to step up. I would not be surprised if the hat pulls one out. I hope he does.

sanjosecrimson

Hall of Fame
May 18, 2007
San Jose, California
LSU came very close to losing to Florida if it wasn't for Driskle being Driskle. that would have been their 3rd loss for the year.
if they lose to OM this Saturday, they could easily be a 4 loss team before meeting Alabama. this game will determine LSU season and where Les Miles stands with the corndog faithful. I know we need OM to lose, but I wouldn't be disappointed if LSU were to lose either.

Mystical

All-American
Sep 28, 2009
Fairhope, Alabama
I'd prefer Ole Miss to demolish LSU to destroy what's left of their confidence in time for us to play them later. Then, have Ole Miss lose to Auburn and Mississippi State.
I want them to lose now. I get the feeling State will come back to earth. We need them to lose 2 games. We are going to win out of this I have no doubt. We need a little help. I hope LSU gives it to us. Not sure Auburn can beat Ole Miss with that D line Ole Miss has. I do not believe they are going to put us in if we don't win our division.

TouchThatThang

All-SEC
Feb 8, 2014
I want them to lose now. I get the feeling State will come back to earth. We need them to lose 2 games. We are going to win out of this I have no doubt. We need a little help. I hope LSU gives it to us. Not sure Auburn can beat Ole Miss with that D line Ole Miss has. I do not believe they are going to put us in if we don't win our division.
Exactly. People who say we don't need help are dreaming. The playoff committee was formed to prevent another Bama-LSU type rematch. Nobody on that committee or outside the South is gonna want a rematch in the playoffs.

Bama Reb

Suspended
Nov 2, 2005
On the lake and in the woods, AL
LSU lost 41-7 to the barn. Any team that's lost that much in talent, ability and motivation is unlikely to climb back up quickly enough to beat Ole Miss. One's playing too well, the other too poorly.
Ole Miss 41 LSU 17

Bama Lee

All-American
Oct 13, 1999
Dallas, TX
I truly believe that in the SEC every team needs to bring their "A" game or else they place their team in jeopardy of losing!

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
I think LSU is starting to figure out their identify on both sides of the ball. LSU might be the team that could beat Ole Miss this weekend. They have played enough games this year to " grow" and I expect better performances from LSU. If LSU is smart, they would look back to previous game plans against ole miss ( Alabama, Florida, and others) and figure out what worked and what didn't. I think Ole miss used up their bags of tricks and we'll see Bad Bo this week.

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS
We need Ole Miss to lose and lose now. Then we need them to lose later.
I think, in Baton Rouge, on a Saturday night, with LSU on a little bit of a positive streak, and Ole Miss due for at least an average performance, that LSU will beat them in a low scoring game.
Ole Miss is indeed susceptible to the run, as we proved, but kept shooting ourselves in the foot.
LSU should have a lot of success in that area, control the ball, and pull off the upset. At least I hope so.
sip

twofbyc

Hall of Fame
Oct 14, 2009
Exactly. People who say we don't need help are dreaming. The playoff committee was formed to prevent another Bama-LSU type rematch. Nobody on that committee or outside the South is gonna want a rematch in the playoffs.
Not dreaming at all - if OM wins out and Bama wins out, who's gonna be the top 4? Only FSU, then whoever else has one loss? They will not put but one 1-loss team in besides Bama, and it will be whichever team from the power five wins out with one loss.
Look, Bama beats MSU, they have to go up because MSU is ranked higher. No way ND or anyone else will jump Bama, but I like Bama's chances (after Saturday) of winning out more than I do anyone else's, and anyone else who does still will not jump Bama in that scenario because, at least the way things stand now, Bama will have beaten higher ranked teams. IMO

twofbyc

Hall of Fame
Oct 14, 2009
Back on topic, I could never pull for the who's to win, so another game I am ambivalent about. They could win because they can run the ball, and OM never stopped Bama from running it.

uaintn

All-American
Aug 2, 2000
franklin, tennessee, usa
I'd be happy if it happened, but just don't think it will. It took a lot of Clemsoning for Florida to lose to them. If LSU wins, it'll be because Dr. Bo finally starts his regression to the mean and throws three or four pick-six type plays. Which could happen.

We have to take care of our own business. The playoff is about more than pride, it's about money. And that committee will tie itself in a knot to try to make sure that no conference is represented by more than one team. I agree that one of the factors was no more rematches, but another is, the SEC shouldn't get all the money.

I think you can make a very good argument for why at least three SEC teams would be more than a worthy opponent for any 4th team the committee picks....

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
Tidefans new weekly traditon "The team that is going to knock off Ole Miss" Thread

Ok all kidding aside. The answer is again no... LSU will not beat Ole Miss, and I think it will be by 14 plus. The best shots aside MSU and Auburn in knocking them off is Arkansas. Plus if LSU beats them I fear we are in for an intresting game in three weeks with them with new life.

Crimsissippi

BamaNation Citizen
Sep 11, 2014
Oxford or Ocean Springs, MS
Honestly I'm more worried about this game than Auburn. A big rivalry game can be tricky, and it's night time in Death Valley. But with that being said, I don't think LSU can do it on their own. It's going to take some sort of Ole Miss let down for them to pull the upset. We are talking like Bo throws pick six-bad INT to give LSU short field because I don't think they can score other than that. It's going to be tough, but I fully expect it to be like Tennessee was for Ole Miss this past Saturday, if not worse. Close at first, Ole Miss pulls away.

Al A Bama

Hall of Fame
Jun 24, 2011
I agree we need LSU to beat them now. We can't wait on someone else trying to do it. However, we need someone else to beat Ole Miss also, either Auburn or MSU. I honestly think both can do it but just in case, LSU get 'er done now.

This will also make us get even more FOCUSED when it comes to getting ready for LSU.

Al A Bama

Hall of Fame
Jun 24, 2011
With all of that said, my main focus this week is to BEAT Tennercee! Some have been saying all year, they are going to slip up and beat someone. I just hope it's not this weekend.

There will be a lot of hate in that stadium this weekend!

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.