Does LSU play the spoiler vs. Ole Miss?

ALA2262

All-American
Aug 4, 2007
Cumming, GA
Why not? Then we could have 5 West teams in the mix. With this kind of finish: :biggrin2:

LSU finishes 10 - 2 loses to Aub and Miss St

Ala finishes 10- 2 loses to Ole Miss and LSU

Ole Miss finishes 10 - 2 loses to LSU and Aub

Aub finishes 10- 2 loses to Miss St and Ala

Miss St finishes 10 - 2 loses to Ala and Ole Miss

Last edited:

Al A Bama

Hall of Fame
Jun 24, 2011
Why not? Then we would have 5 West teams in the mix. With this kind of finish: :biggrin2:

If this happens, who's going to Atlanta?

ontopp

All-SEC
Jan 31, 2004
Decatur.Alabama
I have said this in another thread,LsWho doesn't have a QB who can keep the other teams offense off the field,Ole sis will out score them by more than 2 TDs.

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama
IMO the only two teams that can beat Ole Miss are auburn and MSU. Unfortunately those same two teams could beat us as well. The flies in the ointment at this point are LSU and Arkansas. I don't think LSU has enough of an offense to beat Ole Miss and I have thought all along Arkansas was going to surprise someone, but I just don't see then beating Ole Miss or MSU. I do expect MSU to come back down to earth against us and Ole Miss. Not sure right now we can catch Ole Miss.

GreatDanish

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2005
TN
I know it's really weird to say this, but Ole Miss is actually a better football team than LSU.

But, the better team does not always win. If I'm picking, I'm comfortably picking Ole Miss. But, I wouldn't be shocked if LSU wins.

Tider n LA

All-SEC
Dec 7, 2003
Alabama
Why not? Then we could have 5 West teams in the mix. With this kind of finish: :biggrin2:

I think we have a better chance of three teams finishing with one loss. If there was a five way tie, I do think you are right about the boogs getting in. Here are the tie breaker rules.

http://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/2014/sec-has-a-new-tiebreaker-in-2014/

ALA2262

All-American
Aug 4, 2007
Cumming, GA

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama

Is this a prediction??? If we lose it will be to MSU or Auburn.

Bama1985

1st Team
Jan 18, 2006
Calhoun County
LSU lost 41-7 to the barn. Any team that's lost that much in talent, ability and motivation is unlikely to climb back up quickly enough to beat Ole Miss. One's playing too well, the other too poorly.
Ole Miss 41 LSU 17
It is possible to improve quickly after a bad loss. Auburn did it after losing to LSU last year. This is a two edge sword--if LSU beats Ole Miss they will have the confidence to play Bama to the death.

graydogg85

1st Team
Feb 7, 2006
Huntsville, AL
LSU's defense has been vulnerable this season to a strong inside running game, which Ole Miss does not possess. In fact, Ole Miss is near the bottom of the league in rushing offense. Plus, the game will be played at night in Baton Rouge, where the Whos seldom lose. That said, LSU has been anywhere from mediocre to just plain bad on offense, and Ole Miss has perhaps the best defense in the conference. I look for this to be a low-scoring affair, and I just doubt that LSU can score enough points to win unless Ole Miss is particularly charitable with the football. I think the Rebs win somewhere in the neighborhood of 20-10.

bamacpa

All-American
Jul 19, 2006
I think LSU is one dimensional on offense right now, and that does not bode well against the Black Bear D. I just don't see the Bengals scoring enough to beat Ole Miss, unless the Rebs help them out a lot.

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS
IMO the only two teams that can beat Ole Miss are auburn and MSU. Unfortunately those same two teams could beat us as well. The flies in the ointment at this point are LSU and Arkansas. I don't think LSU has enough of an offense to beat Ole Miss and I have thought all along Arkansas was going to surprise someone, but I just don't see then beating Ole Miss or MSU. I do expect MSU to come back down to earth against us and Ole Miss. Not sure right now we can catch Ole Miss.
(Blue font) Think we can beat Texas A&M? :)

theballguy

Hall of Fame
Nov 5, 2012
Roll Tide Roll, Colorado USA
Sorry but there will be no Ole Miss loss to LSU this season. Ole Miss is a really good team. I believe they're better than Miss State but at least the Bulldogs have a shot at beating them. The only realistic chances for them to lose will be against Auburn and/or Miss State.

Last edited:

TDBama78

All-American
Jul 11, 2007
I'm not going to say LSU is going to beat ole Miss, although they could ,but they seem to have come out of the funk they were in a few weeks ago. This game has been a game where the underdog has won a few. I kind of lean to LSU but not a lot.

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA
I want them to lose now. I get the feeling State will come back to earth. We need them to lose 2 games. We are going to win out of this I have no doubt. We need a little help. I hope LSU gives it to us. Not sure Auburn can beat Ole Miss with that D line Ole Miss has. I do not believe they are going to put us in if we don't win our division.
Me to, why wait until the last minute, there is no time like the present.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.