TAMU Game...Are you more impressed with Bama's Offense or Defense

James Eagle

1st Team
Aug 9, 2011
North Georgia
Even though Bama's offense has sputtered of late on the road, putting 59 on TAMU was a lovely thing to see but that doesn't impress me half as much as our defense holding them to zip. It seems to me that in order for us to win the remainder of our games, our D will have to lead the way.

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
Even though Bama's offense has sputtered of late on the road, putting 59 on TAMU was a lovely thing to see but that doesn't impress me half as much as our defense holding them to zip. It seems to me that in order for us to win the remainder of our games, our D will have to lead the way.
The offensive performance was impressive but....the few teams we have played that have a good/great (OM and Arky and somewhat WVU bit that was the first game so) defense we have struggled mightily on offense. UF and A&M are both terrible on defense and bad teams all around. I wanna see us do it against MSU, LSU and AU - not necessarily 59 points but just be able to execute our offense. So I agree. To me the defensive performance was more impressive..

Last edited:

GreatDanish

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2005
TN
Holding Texas A&M, the fourth best offense in the country, to zero points for the entire game was a more impressive feat than scoring 59 on a team with a weak defense. But, at the same time, given the youth and injuries on our offense, I am super impressed by their ability to score at will on them.

uaintn

All-American
Aug 2, 2000
franklin, tennessee, usa
Defense was most impressive. But do not take the Florida offensive performance for granted. Their overall D is ranked 13, and I bet if you back our numbers out of the total they are about 7th or so. We rank 3rd.

aerospace_ray

All-American
Oct 5, 2009
Alabama
Very happy that our offense demonstrated what its capable of when all is clicking but I believe defense wins championships. The fact that we shut out a team with a highly regarded/capable scoring offense is extremely impressive. RTR

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Your defense - it has played good to great all season and seems to be improving each week. Last week was a work of art. You can count on this defense.

Your offense can be one of the best in the country, but you need more games like Saturday - not the score, but the lack of penalties and turnovers. Also, consider the horrible play of aTm's defense in that game. They tackled so poorly that it appeared as though they didn't even want to be on the field. Not sure what to take away from that game. IMO, the play has been too inconsistent to be completely sold on your offense this year. Youth seems to have been a factor early in the season. Have you left those mistakes behind you?

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
The offensive performance was impressive but....the few teams we have played that have a good/great (OM and Arky and somewhat WVU bit that was the first game so) defense we have struggled mightily on offense. UF and A&M are both terrible on defense and bad teams all around. I wanna see us do it against MSU, LSU and AU - not necessarily 59 points but just be able to execute our offense. So I agree. To me the defensive performance was more impressive..
uf is something like the #13 defense in the country

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
I think both were impressive, but if the defense can continue this progress, Bama will be very, very hard to beat.

I don't think any other offense on the schedule can challenge the D like A&M could have...

TexasBama

TideFans Legend
Jan 15, 2000
Houston, Texas USA
I thought the defense would shut them down pretty good, but I didn't think a shutout.

I thought offense would do well but didnt as clean a game as they had.

Flip a coin.

AV8N

1st Team
Sep 18, 2013
What impressed me most was the completeness of the game, especially the first half. Not only did the offense score seemingly at will and the defense prevent aTm from moving past mid-field, but special teams did their thing and it was all penalty-free.

gamersfuel

All-American
Jan 20, 2008
Auburn/near a cow pasture
when i first saw the title i though defense by far. But when you think about our lack of penalties and execution on offense it's hard to not be impressed with the offense as well. Beating an SEC team 59-0 is impressive overall. I say flip a coin.

Special K

All-American
Feb 8, 2008
Defense in this game, yes. Our offense played very well, too, but the performance on D allowed our offensive production to just snowball on the Ags.

Bama Lee

All-American
Oct 13, 1999
Dallas, TX
I know it isn't listed, but I would have to go with Special Teams. There were only very minor mistakes in the game. The difference between the last two games and this one is so drastic in comparison. As is night to day!

runtheoption22

News|BB|FB|REC Moderator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2003
Cleveland
I think both were impressive, but if the defense can continue this progress, Bama will be very, very hard to beat.

I don't think any other offense on the schedule can challenge the D like A&M could have...
We'll see if having to honor the ground game of MSU and AU affects our schemes. If we can stay in the same personnel as we did versus aTm (i.e. we stop the run) we should hold them to less than 2 TDs.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.