Blake present and Blake future...

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
I think Coker is going to be the guy, at least to the extent that Blake Sims was given every chance to earn the starting job. If Coker is overtaken, it will have to be in demonstrable fashion.

I said all along he needed development, and he still does, but it's hard to imagine Coker not being the most developed next year and I see no way a true freshman could win out. I agree that Blake almost certainly takes a redshirt and it would take something remarkable to change that.
I don't necessarily disagree...and I'd say Coker is the leader in the clubhouse at this point too. However Cornwell and Barnett may have more to offer in a competition than any of us know right now.

I don't know if it would take something "remarkable" for them to get past Coker, but it could happen.

What none of us know is how much of Coker's potential has been tapped. If he makes the kind of improvement BS seemed to make over one summer who knows how good he might be.

teamplayer

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2001
cullman, al, usa
This is either Blake's second or third game of the season. I haven't seen anyone question his commitment, but the amount of money his family has spent on travel to Tuscaloosa from California should stop any negative nancy from doing so.
No one can question his commitment because he has already signed under the new rule that allows high school students who are on track to graduate in December to sign early. He definitely seems to be ready to get to Tuscaloosa to make a name for himself, though.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
He'll be on campus in a little more than 2 months and I fully expect him to come in ready to compete in the spring.

I really wouldn't be surprised if he or Cornwell don't make a strong push for PT next fall.
Sorry but I don't ever see a true freshman at QB ever playing for a Saban coached Bama unless 3-4 other QB's get hurt.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
No one can question his commitment because he has already signed under the new rule that allows high school students who are on track to graduate in December to sign early. He definitely seems to be ready to get to Tuscaloosa to make a name for himself, though.
That doesn't mean anything. He can still go to another school if he wants. He signed a financial agreement, not LOI.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.