Tide in the NFL: Week 7

rangertau

BamaNation Citizen
Jan 29, 2000
Fairfax, VA
This is UcheaT hate week – but it’s always UcheaT hate week in the NFL.

Player of the Week: Marcell Dareus recorded 3 tackles, 1 assist, and 2 sacks in the Bills win over the Vikings. Overall it was a ho-hum week for Tide alum, but Dareus’ 2 sacks gives him 7 for the year so far. Teams are running away from the Bills interior for the most part due to Dareus’ presence, and his ability to push the pocket and make sacks from the interior has made him a difference maker. At this pace he should be a Pro-bowler by the end of the year.

Offense Notables: Mark Ingram returned to duty for the Saints in a losing effort, tallying 10 carries for 16 yards to go with 2 receptions for 13 yards. Ingram was injured in the 3rd quarter and left the game. He’s listed as questionable for next week. Eddie Lacy had a solid game for the Packers, rushing 12 times for 63 yards and 1 TD. He also recorded 3 receptions for 10 yards. Lacy fumbled once but the ball was recovered by the Packers. Kevin Norwood was activated for the first time in his career for the Seahawks – likely due to the trade of Percy Harvin. Norwood had 1 reception for 4 yards, but it was nice to see him finally make the field and record his first snaps in real NFL action. Trent Richardson had a very productive day for the Colts in their win with 14 carries for 77 yards to go with 4 receptions for 41 yards. Richardson left the game with a hamstring injury and is listed as questionable. Hopefully it is nothing too serious. Julio Jones had 5 catches for 56 yards for the Falcons in a losing effort, nor was he the leading receiver for fading Atlanta.

Offense Stat Sheet: James Carpenter was flagged once for holding in the Seahawks loss. DJ Fluker had no flags for the Chargers in a win. Barrett Jones was back on the active roster for the Rams, listed as the #3 Center, but I do not think he played any snaps. Maybe special teams? Barrett had been out for the early part of the season but it’s good to see him working back into the rotation. Andre Smith was flagged twice – once for a false start and a second time for an illegal formation which was declined. Tinker Carson was the ST long-snapper for the Jaguars who won their first game over the Browns. Chance Warmack started for the Titans and was flagged once for holding.

Offense No Stats: AJ McCarron - Reserve list. Mike Johnson - Out for year with foot injury. Cyrus Kouandjio - Inactive. I thought CyKo would be activated this week after getting more practice reps but he was still left off the game day roster. Evan Mathis – Still out with knee; possible return Week 8 or 9.

Defense Notables: Ha-Ha Clinton-Dix had 8 tackles and 1 assist, continuing his high level of play for the Packers. Don’t’a Hightower returned to action after being inactive the previous week. He recorded 9 tackles and 4 assists in the Patriots’ Thursday night win. CJ Mosley had 5 tackles and 1 assist for the Ravens.

Defense Stat Sheet: Quinton Dial recorded 1 tackle for the 49ers in a loss to the Broncos and Peyton “2xSB losing QB” Manning. Wallace Gilberry recorded 3 assists and 1 pass defended for the Bengals. Roman Harper had 2 tackles for the Panthers – though he got turned around badly on one play against the Packers that resulted in a TD. At least $cam lost. Jarrett Johnson racked up 2 tackles, 2 assists, and 1 sack for the Chargers win. Rashad Johnson recorded 3 tackles for the Cardinals. Dre Kirkpatrick recorded 1 tackle for the Bengals. Anyone knows what to make of Dre’s less than stellar career so far? He is close to being considered a bust if not already. Rolando McClain had 4 tackles for the surging Cowboys. Ed Stinson got 2 tackles for the Cardinals, recording stats for the second week in a row. Courtney Upshaw had 1 tackle for the Ravens. Nico Johnson was activated by the Bengals and had his first action of the year, recording 1 tackle. Kareem Jackson had 5 tackles for the Texans in a Monday night loss. I blame Arian “Fumbles” Foster.

Defense No Stats: Javier Arenas, Mark Barron (Bye), Josh Chapman, Brandon Deaderick, Jeoffrey Pagan, DeMeco Ryans (Bye), Damion Square, and Vinnie Sunseri. Terrance Cody – PUP but may be back to practice this week. Dee Milliner is on IR – out for the year after suffering an Achilles injury. He had 5 tackles, 1 assist, and 2 passes defended for the year before going out. Jess Williams is on IR.

Did I miss anyone? Anything? More hate for Ucheat?

TouchThatThang

All-SEC
Feb 8, 2014
Thanks for the update. Mosely and Dareus are two of the best defensive players of the year and are just a blast to watch. Dareus has upped his game each year...his tenacity is scary lately.

About Dre, I think it's safe to say he's already considered a bust. His PT is very limited. I don't know what his problem is but he doesn't look very confident when he's in there. He always looks frustrated to me.

The Falcons suck on an epic level and the OL can't block long enough for Ryan to cast a passing glance at Julio...injuries are mounting up there. Seriously, though, they are a joke of a team right now. They have a scrub-team defense. I really wonder what their owner and GM were thinking when they assembled that roster. They don't have one big-name defender. Not one.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.