News Article: Mother wants 'Breaking Bad' figures removed from Toys R Us

• Bama Gymnastics @ NCAA Championship Semi-finals (ESPN2 | TONIGHT - 4/18 @ 8pm CT). We will have a game thread going in the Women's Sports board. Come join us!

Bamaro

TideFans Legend
Oct 19, 2001
Jacksonville, Md USA
(CNN) -- "Breaking Bad's" Walter White may have cleverly dodged authorities during his career as a drug kingpin, but his action figure hasn't dodged the wrath of a Florida mother.

Susan Schrivjer, a mother from Fort Myers, launched a petition in early October to have White -- and other "Breaking Bad" action figures -- removed from Toys R Us. As of Monday morning, the Change.org request has received more than 2,000 signatures.
http://www.cnn.com/2014/10/20/livin...s-toys-r-us-protest/index.html?iref=allsearch

Hurry kiddies and get your Walter White action figure holding a bag of blue crystal meth while they last.

GreatDanish

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2005
TN
OK, something just seems really funny about a Walter White action figure. I'd personally want one of Badger.

Bamaro

TideFans Legend
Oct 19, 2001
Jacksonville, Md USA
Why, because you don't like it? What about all the other action figures based off things like Spawn, that look like demons or devils. My point is that there are plenty of toys in Toys R Us that I would never let my kids play with but, I'm not going to petition for there removal.
I have nothing against the action figure and I think the show was one of the best ever on TV. However, it just shouldn't be sold in a kids store and I hope Toys R Us realizes it and removes it. They could make a dildo out of it for all I care as long as it is sold in an appropriate store.

TideMom2Boys

Hall of Fame
Nov 17, 2010
Alabama
I also lean towards the...if you don't like it then don't buy it crowd.

I have two kids and I wouldn't buy it for them. They don't know what the show is and they won't till they are older. So unless a parent goes into the store and buys these figures..the kids will have no idea. Not a big deal to me.

TheAccountant

All-SEC
Mar 22, 2011
Birmingham
Regardless of what Toys R US tried to claim (didn't know adults shopped there for personal toys), I'm not surprised something like this is marketed to kids considering 7-8 year old are playing Grand Theft Auto.

Last edited:

TideMom2Boys

Hall of Fame
Nov 17, 2010
Alabama
Regardless of what Toys R US tried to claim (didn't know adults shopped there for personal toys), I'm not surprised something like this is marketed to kids considering 7-8 year old are playing Grand Theft Auto.

Speaking of GTA..they sell that game too. So you could find numerous things that wouldn't be age appropriate to young kids there. I just think it is up to the parent to make the choices on what to buy for their kids.

Maybe they shouldn't sell that...but like I said not a big deal to bypass it.

TheAccountant

All-SEC
Mar 22, 2011
Birmingham
Speaking of GTA..they sell that game too. So you could find numerous things that wouldn't be age appropriate to young kids there. I just think it is up to the parent to make the choices on what to buy for their kids.

Maybe they shouldn't sell that...but like I said not a big deal to bypass it.
Not claiming they should pull it. Merely pointing out that parents allow their kids to play video games that extremely inappropriate for kids, thus the reason why Toys R Us believes this will make them money.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
It shouldn't be marketed in Toys R Us!
While I personally wouldn't allow kids watch the show, I know quite a few parents of ~12 year old kids who allow them to watch BB, TWD, etc. Considering Toys R Us caters to all kids (not just babies or elementary kids) I don't see an issue.

TideMom2Boys

Hall of Fame
Nov 17, 2010
Alabama
Not claiming they should pull it. Merely pointing out that parents allow their kids to play video games that extremely inappropriate for kids, thus the reason why Toys R Us believes this will make them money.

Sorry, I wasn't directing it at you. Just quoted you because you mentioned GTA.

Bodhisattva

Hall of Fame
Aug 22, 2001
Ponte Vedra Beach, Florida
I know when I drop my eight-year-old off at Toys R Us with a stack of cash, I can only pray that, when I pick her up two hours later, she hasn't made any non-age-appropriate purchases. But, really, what else can I do?

bama_wayne1

All-American
Jun 15, 2007
Sorry to hijack the thread, but why can't I mark that I Like a post? At least I can't see it if I can.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
Sorry to hijack the thread, but why can't I mark that I Like a post? At least I can't see it if I can.
It's most likely marking it as liked, it's just not auto-refreshing. If you refresh your browser page after clicking 'like' it should show up.

This is a widespread issue Brett is looking into.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.