Road Vs. Home, What are the Issues..?

Bamaboda1

Suspended
Sep 1, 2006
Kathleen, GA
I traveled for a couple of years with a college football team. (Involved with the radio network). I can tell you, everything is a potential distraction, and youth is a force-multiplier for distraction. Friday night movies help, but:
- Eating out
- Motel atmosphere
- Long, boring day on Saturday pre-game (especially late kick-offs like this weekend.)
- Girlfriend, family, personal distractions
- Different weather (temperature, humidity)
...the list goes on, and on, and on...and we haven't even got to the stadium and fan annoyance yet.
It is tough, to say the least.

deliveryman35

Hall of Fame
Jul 26, 2003
Gadsden, AL
We seem to be a young team almost every yr( due to the NFL mainly), and as others have indicated our strength in the past 6 yrs has actually been on the road.

I think the guys on this team, though very good and talented, collectively may simply not have the level of discipline and maturity that ones in the recent past have had, and perhaps are just not as hungry for a championship as our '08-'12 teams were. I'd love to be proven wrong on that though by the end of the season.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.