News Article: Bama Vegas Favorite to win NC- 6 to 1 and Barn 12-1

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA
Wonder how that is playing in Starkvegas. According to Sixpackspeak, the Bullies are the reason CFB exists this year.

bama2112

All-American
Nov 19, 2006
Cobb County, Ga.
When Vegas had us a 7 point favorite over Ole Miss, I was surprised I thought it should have been 10 or more. I having followed the vegas line and Bama over the years (no I dont bet) I did not have a good feeling after seeing the line so low. Lets face it, the boys with the big money are right more than they are wrong. It is what it is and will not mean a thing unless we win out and not worry about the other teams. I am one of the fans that watched manning beat us , and despise Fat fhil. So its hate UT week for me.

Last edited:

CLINT

1st Team
Aug 11, 2010
Central Illinois
I love how the article says before the aTm game that Alabama was "scrapping for respect" as an 8/1 favorite...... but now as a 6/1 favorite things are different...... So thats what it has come to.... being "ONLY" an 8/1 favorite has us scrapping for respect. How many schools would LOVE to be even a 10/1 favorite???? Even in a "down/rebuilding" year (LOL), we can still muster a 6/1 odd. We truly are living in another Bama Golden Era!!! RTR

CB4

Hall of Fame
Aug 8, 2011
Birmingham, AL
Okay I'm a ditz when it comes to this. What does 6/1 mean?
If you were to bet at the sports book in Vegas (No one would every bet through a bookie in Alabama;)) on Alabama to win the National Championship, for every dollar that you bet, you would win six dollars. So if you bet $100, the bet would pay $700 ($600 plus your initial $100 bet).

At least this is what someone told me.....

Jessica4Bama

Hall of Fame
Nov 7, 2009
Alabama
If you were to bet at the sports book in Vegas (No one would every bet through a bookie in Alabama;)) on Alabama to win the National Championship, for every dollar that you bet, you would win six dollars. So if you bet $100, the bet would pay $700 ($600 plus your initial $100 bet).

At least this is what someone told me.....
thanks. So what does 13/2 get you?

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.