Colin Cowherd keeps prediction that UT beats Bama

JQBama42

Scout Team
Sep 24, 2014
Enid, OK
Yesterday I heard Kannell telling Paul that he had Bama #8 because they hadn't beat any decent teams and should have lost to Arky and he was not impressed with the A&M win because A&M is horrible. Then he adds that Oregon is #4 because they get a pass on their loss to Arizona because they were missing their left tackle and the committee will take that into account. Hahaha, seriously! I just laugh when he talks. He really must have been concussed a few too many times in his playing days. Jason Sehorn is maybe the worst of all the "experts" (hacks) on the five hundred college football shows ESPN has to offer. He talks about how bad Alabama is any chance he gets. He will slip up occasionally in conversation and say "other good teams like Oregon, Alabama, and Michigan State......uhm, I didn't mean Alabama". I don't consider myself one of those "they are biased against Bama" kind of guys, but those two might as well be card carrying barners. I mostly watch these shows for a good laugh.

gamersfuel

All-American
Jan 20, 2008
Auburn/near a cow pasture
ever since Finebaum began getting national attention for ruffling feathers, Cowherd began to do the same. i remember listening to him years ago and he did not do it then. right now, he's basically trying to copy the ruffling that Finebaum has began to be known for.

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
As soon as people realize the shows like Cowherd and Finebaum are more for entertainment than anything else then folks will stop getting so riled up about this stuff. The interviews they do are really good the rest of the shows are just for entertainment and ratings. Aside from Cowherd thinking UT will beat us, most of his other comments are fair. I don' t think it's crazy to say that the Bama dynasty is over, as far as winning 3 NCs in 5 years. You never know with the playoff though. It may allow us to get in the final four a few years and have a shot at the NC where as in the BCS years we wouldn't..

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
I dont why people take this so hard that someone says something negative about alabama. I mean why dont we start a daily thread about what I man and Charles from Reel Town say. The primary job for a regular analyst is to analyze and decipher the best prognostication they can and report it. The primary job for a big name sports group is to do what a regular analyst does but develop a hero/villian persona to boost ratings. Its all for entertainment,but some like Kannel take it too far by being to emotional about their predictions and having a blatant bias toward a situation while being arrogant and obnoxious about it. Cowherd's character is like Glenn beck in that he deals in the small loopholes that people forget and has some out there opinions that have some merit, but if you really follow finebaum or know what started this opinion you will find that he is picking at phyliss for blasting him. Danny tries to ignore her,but Cowherd actually likes to get her mad and will say off the wall stuff to light the fuse. If we beat Auburn you will see him saying he was wrong and move on.

bamacon

Hall of Fame
Apr 11, 2008
College Football's Mecca, Tuscaloosa
he is better than skip bayless,kannell,and galloway. Atleast him and bayless have some humility when they are wrong, but I doubt either really cares if they are right or not as long as the ratings are good and ESPN pays them right.
Actually ALL the ESPN folks don't even list Bama within even the top 6 (last two out). That's fine, probably just tick em off more :) I'd HATE to see them play with ATTITUDE!!! :biggrin2:

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA
He made a prediction 5 months ago and s sticking with it. He will admit when is wrong , but will usually add an excuse. He will stir the pot a little, especially with the more sensitive section of the Bama fanbase just to get a reaction. Good for business. When talking college football , you have to remember Birmingham has the highest TV ratings of any top 50 tv market. That interest plays into comments like that. He also said FSU is a three loss SEC team , so he is not all bad. He also puts more stock on what bettors think than analysts, so I am a little surprised by this comment .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk yuuyyyy

Last edited:

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA
Actually ALL the ESPN folks don't even list Bama within even the top 6 (last two out). That's fine, probably just tick em off more :) I'd HATE to see them play with ATTITUDE!!! :biggrin2:

Mike Belotti said today that Alabama is the best team in CFB. Ex Oregon coach and AD has had about a 5 year love affair with Bama/Saban

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
I kind of place him with Frank DeFord - both are just story tellers. Frank still maintains we aren't a dynasty yet. If we can win NC, I'm going to email him back and ask if we're a dynasty yet. Maybe I'll wait for our common birthday, Dec. 16...
Just curious as to what his personal definition of "dynasty" might be and who has qualified as such in recent history.

Con

Hall of Fame
Dec 19, 2006
Northern Hemisphere
Mike Belotti said today that Alabama is the best team in CFB. Ex Oregon coach and AD has had about a 5 year love affair with Bama/Saban

He probably knows more than the rest of them since he has been a coach.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
Just curious as to what his personal definition of "dynasty" might be and who has qualified as such in recent history.
well, this morning on the radio, he was pining for the days of big 10 dominance. he did "admit" to the recent BCS dominance by the sec and more broadly, by the south, but it seemed begrudged.

i actually like listening to deford, he has a good voice and (like earle mentioned above) is a very talented storyteller, but he knows crap all about college football :)

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.